Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:47 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,636,001 times

Advertisements

They cooing too much, disturbing my sleep and all that, real annoying, sitting near my window, on the roof, fire escapes, everywhere. I don't know how they got here, I never had that problem in other places, maybe someone was feeding them before me moving in or what not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 08:42 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,030,084 times
You can try. We have a skunk problem in our complex, brought on by two lunatics who put food out for them at night. We and other tenants have been complaining for years, and management never does much of anything about it. So we've taken it into our own hands with some home remedies to keep them at least away from OUR apartment, so far so good.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:49 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,668,415 times
Pigeons are not a protected class of bird....just sayin

Old 04-04-2012, 10:41 AM

572 posts, read 2,022,278 times
What are you expecting your landlord to do about pigeons? It is not like he can trap them and then release them somewhere else like you can with other animals. Birds are everywhere and unfortunately 1 of the things they do is chirp from the minute the sun comes up. Hopefully you will get used to them and eventually will be able to tune them out.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:47 PM

527 posts, read 1,409,051 times
Pigeon droppings are a health hazard. Keep after the landlord to clean up after them,
Eventually he will fight to keep them away.

Buy a motion activated sprinkler

string line like fishing line where they sit, 1-2 lines are enough.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:20 PM

409 posts, read 873,891 times
Wierd. I had a problem with pigeons too in a condo I owned. The pigeons would come on the terrace and sit on the light, the railing or floor and leave droppings all over. One actually had a nest complete with baby. Luckly I wasn't the only one the pigeons were bothering so the HOA put up netting on the terrance for no additional charge. I never had problem with pigeons before or since.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:04 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
As was mentioned previously, unless you can convince "the powers that be" that the inevitable pigeon droppings are a health hazard, then you are likely to be out of luck regarding your landlord eliminating those birds.

Is there a large accumulation of pigeon guano?
If so, then I suggest that you ask the local health officer to drop by and take a look at the situation.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:18 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,636,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCK7778 View Post
What are you expecting your landlord to do about pigeons? It is not like he can trap them and then release them somewhere else like you can with other animals. Birds are everywhere and unfortunately 1 of the things they do is chirp from the minute the sun comes up. Hopefully you will get used to them and eventually will be able to tune them out.
There is a lot of ways to keep them off a building like spikes and what not. Pest control would know more about this, but there are ways. I don't care about pigeon shi* that much, it's their noise that annoys me. Wouldn't this fall under tenant right to peace and quiet? They are sitting right by my window that I keep open now, since it's getting hot, they are perpetrating hella loud, and I keep waking up in the morning when I don't need to. On top of it in the middle of the day, I might need to focus, and it's very distractive. There is like 20 of them. I can't really do my own thing here when it comes to exterminating them, since this is an apt complex.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:38 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
There is a lot of ways to keep them off a building like spikes and what not. Pest control would know more about this, but there are ways. I don't care about pigeon shi* that much, it's their noise that annoys me. Wouldn't this fall under tenant right to peace and quiet? They are sitting right by my window that I keep open now, since it's getting hot, they are perpetrating hella loud, and I keep waking up in the morning when I don't need to. On top of it in the middle of the day, I might need to focus, and it's very distractive. There is like 20 of them. I can't really do my own thing here when it comes to exterminating them, since this is an apt complex.
Maybe someone had a pigeon coup nearby?

You could always get a cat to help.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:55 AM

551 posts, read 1,188,447 times
Get a water gun and shoo em off ur window.. keep doing it x2 days and they will stay off.. hopefully someone above or below isnt feeding them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey