Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 12:14 AM

1 posts, read 857 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if this is a good place to post this. First time in a while since I've done a thread.

So anyways About 2 weeks ago, My back neighbor, which we live in a quad-plex apartment, Has tampered with the backyard pole, which connects the Electric boxes for each of the apartments. And Just now I've noticed 2 mini outages that actually are considered a hazard, because I was outside and saw a bright flash That had, climbed up the wiring and went straight into the pole causing the half of the block south of me to burn out completely for only 2 seconds.

BUT, My question is, is it dangerous for him to do that. And is it considered a possible fire hazard, and if so. In the middle of the night who should I call if a fire does occur?

Again I don't know If I'm posting in the right place guys. but I hope you guys have a decent answer for me.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 06:27 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,179,827 times
Call your electric utility emergency number and tell them what you saw.

If you see a fire, call 911. Doesn't matter what time it is.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:15 AM

356 posts, read 502,436 times
Gad! It appears you have a wreckless idiot for a neighbor!

Old 07-24-2018, 08:22 AM

4,795 posts, read 2,797,347 times
Default Reckless abandon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Bill View Post
Gad! It appears you have a wreckless idiot for a neighbor!
I've seen this a couple of times now, here & there. I think it's confusing the wreck of say, a car wreck, & the reck of reckless. Or maybe it's a visual thing - reck isn't a word by itself, maybe memory says it needs a w.

Or it could be spellcheck or one of those annoying apps that tries to complete a word for you.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:42 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
I've seen this a couple of times now, here & there. I think it's confusing the wreck of say, a car wreck, & the reck of reckless. Or maybe it's a visual thing - reck isn't a word by itself, maybe memory says it needs a w.

Or it could be spellcheck or one of those annoying apps that tries to complete a word for you.
You can not stay on the original topic?

You really have to bash another user?

How's my grammer? English is not my native language.

To Congestus, the original poster, report the situation to your local power company. I would do it as soon as possible...

Old 07-24-2018, 08:52 AM

250 posts, read 529,433 times
What set me back was not the grammatical error, but someone asking an internet forum what to do if there is a fire. Just a shot in the dark, but I think I'd call the fire department if there is a fire.

Plus, if there is any way to PROVE he was tampering with the pole, both your power company and the police need to be involved. He may have tampered in a way where he connects his unit to another meter so the other party pays for his electricity. And if he tried to do that with wire of a gauge that is too thin that wire will overheat and burn. It sounds like you may have seen that happen already. 911 will fix your problems.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:54 PM

4,795 posts, read 2,797,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post

How's my grammer? English is not my native language.

To Congestus, the original poster, report the situation to your local power company. I would do it as soon as possible...
Ah, no worries then. Best of luck.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:15 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,158,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post

Yeah...wretched people make me want to retch!

Old 07-25-2018, 09:03 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,498,519 times
Is it dangerous to mess with a high voltage power line?
Gee, what do you think?
Ask him wth he's doing and call the power company...don't ask for opinions on if it's safe or not. OF COURSE IT IS!

Old 07-25-2018, 09:40 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
That's exactly the sort of thing people started doing to their neighborhood electrical lines in Yerevan, Armenia, after a US company took over the city's electrical service during the "privatization" phase of utilities and other government services and resources, in the former Soviet Union. Rates skyrocketed, so consumers took matters into their own hands. I wonder, OP, if your neighbor is from a developing country.

In any case, those boxes are electric company property, not his personal property, nor does he have a right to "his" electrical box by virtue of paying rent. The electric co. will be very interested to know that he's been tampering with their stuff. And so will the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico