Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 02:29 PM

344 posts, read 551,241 times

Advertisements

I've decided that I'd be happier doing something other than what I do now, and Alternative Energy looks good since I already have some technical strengths. Was wondering if anyone on this board had experience with AE or with gaining experience in it. I'd really love to apprentice as opposed to taking classes.

I tend to prefer rural living with mountains, but also like access to amenities like organic food, and have skin that doesn't like bitter cold winters. One thought was the SC area, but it's kind of far from everything. Assuming that ALB is probably where the best Educational or experiential possibilities are, where might I look for a place to live that isn't urban but has access and isn't priced for MBA's?

I am open to anywhere, leave me alone with a shelf full of books and some steep hiking trails and I am totally content. So I don't need nightlife, my idea of that is hiking under a full moon deep in the forest.

I'm temporarily in Tucson area, but AZ's energy is a bit frenetic for me.

Thanks for any suggestions, I enjoy reading the debates over towns on this forum with great enjoyment and edification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 04:31 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,185,180 times
Northern NM CC in my favorite place Española offers an Alternative Energy Certificate.

Mesalands CC in Tucumcari offers Wind education.

Both probably fit your bill, depending on your definition of bitter cold winters.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:10 PM

344 posts, read 551,241 times
Thank you. I would have never found either of those. I could live somewhere out of Espanola pretty easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico