Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 09:08 PM

1,127 posts, read 5,011,227 times

Advertisements

Today Hubby took a call at the sheriff's office that raised everyone's hair on end. Apparently a young man, (from another country), has been missing for two days; he insisted his group go on ahead to the hotel because he wasn't ready to end the evening. The first day they assumed he had met someone and the second day when he didn't show up they decided to call his cell. It was in the hotel room with them.

They were calling hospitals and local law enforcement agencies looking for their friend. The thing is that that guy could be anywhere, under the I-10 overpass sleeping it off, a new girlfriend's place, or floating down the river after falling in. Hubby advised the young woman to file a missing person's report.

I hope that we hear nothing more from these people, which would mean that they found their friend. This situation reminds me of the old, "never leave a drinking buddy behind," saying. As often as I see it happen here, I just had to give that reminder after what I heard today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 02:56 AM

258 posts, read 1,021,058 times
When I hear things like this, it REALLY bums me out when I try to defend this city.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:30 AM

Location: Virginia, just outside of DC, our crooks are just dressed better than yours.
84 posts, read 307,879 times
This could happen in ANY city. We had a 13 year old (mental ill) girl go missing last week, here outside of D.C. They pulled that poor, precious, little body out of a canal on Thursday. Happens all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans