Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 01:06 PM

4 posts, read 14,349 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I'm sorry if my question is repetitive , I went through a few of these forums but couldn't find an actual answer. I applied for the 1199 ML , for a one bedroom. I sent a postcard a few weeks ago and received a application on Thursday & then I mailed it out yesterday. When should I expect to hear back from then again and will they send me another application including the $200 fee I have to pay? As that was not included in the basic application they gave me. If someone can give me a detailed version of the steps before you are actually asked to give any money, given a log number etc I would appreciate it. Also how long is the wait list for a one bedroom at 1199 ML in east Harlem? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 06:54 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,197,063 times
I had applied for a studio two and a half years ago and about six months ago the called to offer me a studio.

I already had obtain a one bedroom Mitchell lama co-op in the Bronx so I turned it down. I asked the sales director if I could switch to the one bedroom list and he said I'd have to reapply.

I asked him how long it would take to get a one bedroom, and he said that the last person they'd given a one bedroom to had been waiting for four years

Old 08-15-2017, 04:44 PM

4 posts, read 14,349 times
Thank you !!

Old 11-08-2017, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
I had applied for a studio two and a half years ago and about six months ago the called to offer me a studio.

I already had obtain a one bedroom Mitchell lama co-op in the Bronx so I turned it down. I asked the sales director if I could switch to the one bedroom list and he said I'd have to reapply.

I asked him how long it would take to get a one bedroom, and he said that the last person they'd given a one bedroom to had been waiting for four years

Hi BoogeyDownDweller,

How much was the down payment for the Studio? I am currently on the waitlist for a Studio apartment. My wait time is 1-2 years and it's been a year so far; I just want to make sure that I have enough saved when I am called.

Also, was the studio a decent size? This will be my first apartment so I do not need much space, as I do not have any large furniture pieces besides my bed? I am nervous that there will not be ample closet or storage space.

Thanks!

Old 11-08-2017, 07:01 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,197,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio Lover View Post
Hi BoogeyDownDweller,

How much was the down payment for the Studio? I am currently on the waitlist for a Studio apartment. My wait time is 1-2 years and it's been a year so far; I just want to make sure that I have enough saved when I am called.

Also, was the studio a decent size? This will be my first apartment so I do not need much space, as I do not have any large furniture pieces besides my bed? I am nervous that there will not be ample closet or storage space.

Thanks!
I have shoeboxes bigger than that studio was. I think it was about $8000 they wanted?

Anyhow it's a good deal if you get it especially since it's a big project so you can transfer to a bigger apartment after you live there for a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery