Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 02:20 PM

12 posts, read 78,070 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Can't seem to find a thread on this affordable housing development. I received a number for my application and am curious about whether or not they've started contacting people. Anyone heard back yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 10:50 AM

56 posts, read 109,188 times
I've been applying to different lotteries, no luck yet.
I applied for these apartments but I have a high log number and not too many apartments available.

Do you have a low log number or any preferences?

Old 01-04-2016, 05:31 PM

12 posts, read 78,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubie940123 View Post
I've been applying to different lotteries, no luck yet.
I applied for these apartments but I have a high log number and not too many apartments available.

Do you have a low log number or any preferences?
I have a 1,XXX number (first time I've gotten something under 40,XXX!) and I work for the city. Pretty sure I have a preference, but I haven't heard from them yet. It's early, so maybe I will eventually. If I do, I'll post it on here and let people know where they are at in terms of numbers.

Edit: Misspoke- have had lower but the number of apartments was super low too

Old 01-26-2016, 08:52 AM

31 posts, read 59,505 times
I have a low number in the 400's still no correspondence from them. Sigh

Old 01-28-2016, 02:06 PM

296 posts, read 481,282 times
Question lyla45

Quote:
Originally Posted by trika703 View Post
I have a low number in the 400's still no correspondence from them. Sigh
I got received a letter, that I need to submit them my paperwork by fax, or by mail, or by bringing by myself. BY THEN, IF they considered me quilify, they will set me an interview.I have a disability preference/ just 5%. There are just 127 apartments , which is not too much. I don't see any point to bother myself with so high log#. Any thougts?

Old 01-28-2016, 02:12 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,234,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliya47 View Post
I got received a letter, that I need to submit them my paperwork by fax, or by mail, or by bringing by myself. BY THEN, IF they considered me quilify, they will set me an interview.I have a disability preference/ just 5%. There are just 127 apartments , which is not too much. I don't see any point to bother myself with so high log#. Any thougts?
Why would you not bother?
You were contacted to submit paper work so you are being considered.
Can't complain about not having affordable housing when you don't try.
Many people including me, would jump to be contacted to submit paper work.

Last edited by livingsinglenyc; 01-28-2016 at 02:42 PM..

Old 01-28-2016, 02:19 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,563,439 times
Yes, definitely, if you need the apartment, go ahead and submit your documents. If you have a preference, that puts you in the front of the line.

Many people won't qualify, some will turn down the opportunity. That leaves you!

Last edited by macnyc2003; 01-28-2016 at 03:06 PM..

Old 01-28-2016, 02:21 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,882,405 times
Quote:
This makes no sense. Why would you not comply?

Old 01-28-2016, 07:30 PM

296 posts, read 481,282 times
Unhappy lyla45

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Why would you not bother?
You were contacted to submit paper work so you are being considered.
Can't complain about not having affordable housing when you don't try.
Many people including me, would jump to be contacted to submit paper work.
BECAUSE, MY LOG # is VERY high 42xxx! And I been on the affordable apartments lottery interview last year with other development , past the interview, but my log# was 8500's. So, they never even rich my log #.Ever! All apartments are gone, not for me......

Old 01-28-2016, 09:09 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,234,522 times
Quote:
BECAUSE, MY LOG # is VERY high 42xxx! And I been on the affordable apartments lottery interview last year with other development , past the interview, but my log# was 8500's. So, they never even rich my log #.Ever! All apartments are gone, not for me......
You already been asked to interview and have preference.

If you've been asked to interview they they have reached your login number.

Clearly you don't want or need an affordable apartment that bad. I would interview for every singe apartment on housing connect if they would contact me. I've had like 8 interviews for 80/20. Several times I've been wait listed, several I fell in between the two income brackets. Yes it takes time to get everything together but I would gladly do it again if I got contacted. You gotta try. You had 1 freaking interview and were wait listed, oh boo hoo so now you give up. Ok good, let someone who has the drive and need get that apartment. Cause thats's the type the deserves one.

Last edited by livingsinglenyc; 01-28-2016 at 09:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery