Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2023, 07:07 PM

24 posts, read 31,120 times

Advertisements

My NYC LOTTERY APPLICATION WENT FROM "UNDER REVIEW" TO "REVIEW COMPLETE" TODAY. Similar applications for other people for the same property were also approved today but they got a notice from their NYC HOUSING CONNECT account to approve or reject the apartment. I did not. I had to reach out to my marketing agent to ask what did "REVIEW COMPLETE" mean and he said that due to my "unique" situation he has to reach out to Housing Connect and fnd out. He the texted me abut 3 hours later and said that I have been moved to tenant selection and will be contacted regarding lease very soon. I asked if that meant we got the apartment, He said Well, yee becasue we approved you and so did HPD buttttttttttttttttt He had a situation where the actual developers are unwilling to take a tenant. SO NOW- Here is my QUESTION- I had credit issues, do they send this to the developers? I need help here WTH is this BS?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2023, 07:10 PM

74 posts, read 93,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmel80 View Post
My NYC LOTTERY APPLICATION WENT FROM "UNDER REVIEW" TO "REVIEW COMPLETE" TODAY. Similar applications for other people for the same property were also approved today but they got a notice from their NYC HOUSING CONNECT account to approve or reject the apartment. I did not. I had to reach out to my marketing agent to ask what did "REVIEW COMPLETE" mean and he said that due to my "unique" situation he has to reach out to Housing Connect and fnd out. He the texted me abut 3 hours later and said that I have been moved to tenant selection and will be contacted regarding lease very soon. I asked if that meant we got the apartment, He said Well, yee becasue we approved you and so did HPD buttttttttttttttttt He had a situation where the actual developers are unwilling to take a tenant. SO NOW- Here is my QUESTION- I had credit issues, do they send this to the developers? I need help here WTH is this BS?!

what is your "unique situation", and what are your credit issues?

Old 02-03-2023, 08:09 PM

Some collections that I have settled, proof that I have settled. 1 account that I didn’t recognize so I disputed. If the marketing agent cleared it to send to HpD, does the developer see it? The refit check I men?

Old 02-04-2023, 06:05 AM

74 posts, read 93,144 times
My understanding is that the marketing agent goes by HPD and the developers elected criteria when approving tenants. I have never heard of a developer denying after HPD has already approved …. Did you sign a TIC ?

Old 02-04-2023, 10:12 AM

Hi yes I signed all the documents including the TIC that had the unit on it.

Old 08-09-2023, 04:05 PM

92 posts, read 80,084 times
Can one refuse the apt after getting approved by HPD but before signing a lease? Does getting approved mean you HAVE to now sign a lease?

Old 08-09-2023, 04:49 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinefx View Post
Can one refuse the apt after getting approved by HPD but before signing a lease? Does getting approved mean you HAVE to now sign a lease?
You can decline any time before signing the lease. After you sign the lease, you are in a contract to abide by the terms but it is usually possible to break a lease, though there is often at least some cost.

Old 11-04-2023, 06:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,120 times
Depending on your "unique"situation, a developer cam deny a tenent.

Old 11-06-2023, 09:57 AM

411 posts, read 228,372 times
When I got called in to sign my lease, the agent did a review and asked if anything changed. If you like, bring your supporting docs and be prepared and very polite.

Old 03-09-2024, 09:21 AM

25 posts, read 21,508 times
My friend is in a similar position. She has accepted the unit offered in housing connect and her application moved to unit accepted. However, she’s having issue with the management company. They’ve asked for more documents for “compliance” and even though they sent a lease that she has signed, they still haven’t given her a move in date or time to pick up her keys. After that process of accepting the unit and her HPD application being complete, is it still possible for her to not get the apartment? It’s getting very frustrating because it’s making her housing situation unstable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery