Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2010, 08:42 AM

32 posts, read 82,256 times

Advertisements

I've read the other affordable housing threads which have been very helpful, but I need clarification on one thing.

I work at a part time job and am self-employed on the side. One of the housing companies I applied with said they will take an average of 6 of my pay stubs and an average of three years of my employment. I understand how to calculate my average based on my 6 pay stubs, but how will they use my income taxes to calculate 3 years of self-employment?

Do they use my W2s and my 1099 and then just combine the amount? Or will they take an amount from a line on my taxes, like the "total income" line, (which is different than the total of my W2 and 1099) and then average that? Also, since the 6 pay stubs and the average of my taxes will invariably be different, are they just going to go with the higher number? Thanks, I know I have a lot of questions.

Oh, by the way I got a response from RiverEast. Did anybody else get an application number from them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 08:12 AM

32 posts, read 82,256 times
Bumping this because I have another question.

For people who were unemployed when they went through their housing interview, did housing ask for 6 copies of your unemployment pay checks? I'm just curious to see if they count unemployment compensation as present income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City