Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 02:49 PM

665 posts, read 1,728,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
The OP wants to be able to take a walk for her morning coffee in her PJ's without being harassed. Excuse me for a possibly silly observation, but walking around the city in pajamas is not a good way to accomplish such a goal.

She wants to go downstairs to the coffee shop not walk around the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 04:04 PM

7 posts, read 15,428 times
Default Puh-leeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Here's an example of what I mean,

I have personally witnessed Transplant (code word, white) young woman, jogging in Bed-Stuy (at an hour they shouldn't be out and about). They have on either skin tight leggings, shorts with long exposed legs, and T-shirt w/o BRA!

They go running through the streets with bouncing **** and rolling asses as if it is alright!! Then get upset if they receive responses. These women are acting in a ridiculously entitled manner, as if there will be no eventual consequences.

Question, don't these people notice that black and spanish girls don't conduct themselves in such a manner, unless they want and/or can handle the response??

I guarantee, no middle class black/spanish women go for coffe in their PAJAMAS!

These threads are so indicative of how naive people can be. I think these women come from places where street life is nonexistant, move to NYC because of the 'energy' and street life, then get upset about the street life.

Duh!
Um, basically you're saying "She's asking for it". I'm a guy, but I don't like the idea that there are certain ways women should/shouldn't dress, places they shouldn't go, & times they shouldn't be out. In New York, 2011, a woman deserves the right to walk down the street without being harrassed or intimidated. If it does occur, though, let's not blame the victim.
Btw: I'm calling bs on you-no sane woman is going jogging bra-less.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 PM

916 posts, read 2,247,034 times
Some women make me think of this song sometimes, but
I would only sing it in my own mind. There's an English
version if you don't understand the lyric.

YouTube - ‪Alex C feat Y-Ass - Du Hast Den Schonsten Arsch Der Welt‬‏

Old 06-15-2011, 04:46 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
We always get a bang out of these threads around here don't we?

Old 06-15-2011, 04:56 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runtothesun View Post
I don't think her perception of herself is so relevant here, and while I'm not a native NY'er, I spent all my summers here growing up, and NYC has an alarmingly high number of those types of guys. Walking down Queens Blvd., around every corner was another dude "hollering", whistling, or expressing their desire to perform certain actions on my lady friends, female relatives, and so on. My younger sister was once getting harassed by these two guys on the bus for an entire hour (she was five years old at the time!!).
Queens Blvd? LOL, there's your answer right there.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:01 PM

9 posts, read 10,434 times
Run for Congress and blame it all on the government. Perfect.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:27 PM

58 posts, read 162,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyI View Post
I understand their will alway be losers who will cat call and harass anything with boobs that walks by, but I would love to find an area where I can wake up and walk to get my morning coffee and paper still in my P.J's without being harassed or having to wear my headphones to drowned out the sounds of pathetic guys. It seems the areas I have lived in (various areas in Brooklyn and East Harlem) it doesn't matter the time of day or what your wearing (Baggy sweatpants and a loose fitted hoodie) men still think you're asking to be harassed. If any women reading this lives somewhere where they can walk on the street peacefully I would LOVE to know. Thanks!!
Furnished Apartment for rent in Tehran, Iran
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City