Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 09:04 AM

961 posts, read 2,468,881 times

Advertisements

In light of everything that has happened, do you guys think he still has a chance at running for Mayor in 2012?

Let the bickering commence!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 10:14 AM

No takers? I'll be the first one to have a thread talking to himself. LOL

Old 06-10-2011, 10:25 AM

9,252 posts, read 24,132,298 times
A chance ? I wouldn't be surprised if he actually got elected.For one thing the mayoral election isn't until 2013,not 2012......and that could be an important element.

There have been pols involved in sex scandals where there actually was sex and other kinds of scandals more criminal than sex scandals who get re elected or elected to even higher office a few years later.Bill Clinton got elected president after the Jennifer Flowers sex scandal.When the Jennifer Flowers scandal broke almost every single news and tv talking head said his career was over.He then got elected President. Senator Vitter of Louisiana was just re elected despite his sex scandal.In Clinton's case he went on to have another sex scandal while in office(Monica Lewinsky) yet is still wildly popular with the vast majority of the American public.

2 years is a long time.My guess is that unless the Weiner thing gets even worse or unless he does something else stupid he will be forgiven and will get re elected or maybe even elected as mayor.Most of the post scandal polls show a solid majority of his constituents saying he shouldn't resign.56% think he shouldn't resign,33% think he should resign.That's pretty telling.

I think his behavior was stupid and juvenile but it wouldn't stop me from voting for him just because of it.It would factor into the equation of course but I would base my vote more on who was running against him.If someone I thought would make a better mayor was running against him I would vote for that person but if he was running against someone I thought wouldn't do a better job I'd vote for him(Weiner).

Last edited by bluedog2; 06-10-2011 at 10:50 AM..

Old 06-10-2011, 10:39 AM

18,506 posts, read 31,738,069 times
as long as bloomie goes, i dont care who is mayor

Old 06-10-2011, 10:48 AM

lol, I'm not going to argue with you on that one

Old 06-10-2011, 10:50 AM

1,568 posts, read 3,233,609 times
I think NY deserves this dirtbag.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
A chance ? I wouldn't be surprised if he actually got elected.For one thing the mayoral election isn't until 2013,not 2012......and that could be an important element.

There have been pols involved in sex scandals where there actually was sex and other kinds of scandals more criminal than sex scandals who get re elected or elected to even higher office a few years later.Bill Clinton got elected president after the Jennifer Flowers sex scandal.When the Jennifer Flowers scandal broke almost every single news and tv talking head said his career was over.He then got elected President. Senator Vitter of Louisiana was just re elected despite his sex scandal.In Clinton's case he went on to have another sex scandal while in office(Monica Lewinsky) yet is still wildly popular with the vast majority of the American public.

2 years is a long time.My guess is that unless the Weiner thing gets even worse or unless he does something else stupid he will be forgiven and will get re elected or maybe even elected as mayor.Most of the post scandal polls show a solid majority of his constituents saying he shouldn't resign.56% think he shouldn't resign,33% think he should resign.That's pretty telling.

I think his behavior was stupid and juvenile but it wouldn't stop me from voting for him just because of it.It would factor into the equation of course but I would base my vote more on who was running against him.If someone I thought would make a better mayor was running against him I would vote for that person but if he was running against someone I thought wouldn't do a better job I'd vote for him(Weiner).
He was and still is one of the few politicians I actually liked as far as his policies and his personal style. Considering the contenders, I would most likely vote for him for mayor as well, I feel he is most ft for the job. The only other cat I'd probably vote for after him is Bill De Blasio or even the Asian broher, John Liu. Even Eliot Spitzer is planning on running, I don't see why Weiner can't. But this whole Alec Baldwin thing? I'm leary of celebs running for public office.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:24 AM

25,424 posts, read 37,214,868 times
I think he can keep his HOUSE seat if he wants it, but I doubt there's any chance we'll see his Weinership in Gracie Mansion.

Okay be me, since he said the first thing held do as mayor is get rid of all the bike lanes and I am fond of the bike lanes.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:47 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,414,787 times
I have never liked him or his policies. He is a str8, old school, democratic, pandering, class/race/us vs them, NYC politician...and the city does not need or want that. I don't care that he was sending his weenis online, what I do care about is that he actively/vehemently denied and made up a story about it claiming he was the victim, that police were supposedly investigating his claim, and he was coaching others how to lie about it. I can tolerate a Mayor who has sent his weenis to some girls on line, what we don't want is an unethical, idiotic, untrustworthy, lie to your face and swear on his momma's grave it's true, weasel/opportunist.

This may not sink his career, but hopefully it will keep him out of any higher office.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:16 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,926,809 times
Looks like someone had it in for Weiner. The powers that be in NYC did not want a weiner in the mayor's office. Not sure why politicians would ever send x rated or lewd pics or info over the internet, email or social network sites. I suspect more pics will "leak" over the upcoming weeks and he will step down.

He joins his mentor Spitzer in the banned for life club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City