Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 09:10 AM

268 posts, read 340,834 times

Advertisements

Bloomberg cites stop-and-frisk in presenting the 'largest gun bust in the city's history' | Capital New York
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 09:29 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
Bloomberg only has a little more time left, away, and he can take ray kelley with him.

i hate the both of them

Old 08-20-2013, 09:33 AM

Why am I not surprised that the police would not be credited for their hard work? People against Stop and Frisk keep arguing that it doesn't result in getting results, but this clearly did.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:46 AM

420 posts, read 698,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
Why am I not surprised that the police would not be credited for their hard work? People against Stop and Frisk keep arguing that it doesn't result in getting results, but this clearly did.
You post the story and didn't even read it? No one was stopped or frisked at any point in it. It's about an undercover operation that been going on for a while.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAM NYC View Post
Did you even read the story? No one was stopped or frisked anywhere in it. It's about an undercover operation that been going on in a while.
I most certainly did. Did you? It showed that Stop and Frisk deters crimes from happening that may not always be on the stat sheets.

"One of the two lead gun traffickers, Earl Campbell, preferred to arrange his gun sales near where the bus left him off in the Lower East Side, because he feared transporting them back to Brooklyn.

"I can't take them to my house, to my side of town in Brownsville," he told one of his gun suppliers, according to Kelly. "We got like, whatchamacallit, stop and frisk."

Old 08-20-2013, 09:50 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,619,504 times
This doesn't make sense. They caught the guy because they were tapping his phone. He mentioned at one point that he didn't want to transport the guns to his home on foot because of stop and frisk. So what? That's not why they caught him. They caught him because he was talking about running guns on the phone.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:52 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,068,819 times
Wow...bragging about stopping guns which are legal in just about every state.

This is the Genius of New York...lets make something illegal and then make a big deal about our police enforcing this idiot law.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:56 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,619,504 times
ALSO, the fact that Bloomberg touts stop and frisk as an all-purpose deterrent is outright admitting that many of the stops are unconstitutional, isn't it? It only works as a deterrent if you can be stopped randomly, for no reason.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
This doesn't make sense. They caught the guy because they were tapping his phone. He mentioned at one point that he didn't want to transport the guns to his home on foot because of stop and frisk. So what? That's not why they caught him. They caught him because he was talking about running guns on the phone.
It makes perfect sense. It shows that Stop and Frisk has an impact on how criminals are thinking and that they're having second thoughts about carrying out certain crimes. This is why the Stop and Frisk decision must be appealed because it clearly is a deterrent and has had an impact on lowering crime that can't be found on the stat sheets.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 AM

420 posts, read 698,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
I most certainly did. Did you? It showed that Stop and Frisk deters crimes from happening that may not always be on the stat sheets.

"One of the two lead gun traffickers, Earl Campbell, preferred to arrange his gun sales near where the bus left him off in the Lower East Side, because he feared transporting them back to Brooklyn.

"I can't take them to my house, to my side of town in Brownsville," he told one of his gun suppliers, according to Kelly. "We got like, whatchamacallit, stop and frisk."

Somewhereintime, I want you to think.. that quote was from a recorded phonecall. It's just a comment that fool made to the undercover officer via phone expressing his fear of being stopped. He was already knee deep in **** MONTHS before this and was guaranteed a trip up the river. I just want to know what stop and frisk actually had to do with this bust. No one stopped or frisked at any point in the story. So how could stop and frisk be credited for the bust? Tell me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City