Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 02:48 PM

86 posts, read 145,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulSanMan View Post
Going in to fbf next week for the november class. Outta curiosity if one had a hook when would be the right time to use it for garage assignment
As soon as you could. Don't wait till the week of. People are already being assigned by then.
This one might be a little tough though because of the other two claases and san man's transfers. A lot of people have taken spots in good garages already.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:15 PM

71 posts, read 116,741 times
Quote:
Thanks. I'll let em know tomorrow. Don't know if it'll make a difference but if it keeps a si guy from trekking to the bronx its worth a try. Not that I have anything against the bronx. Its just the long commute and the toils. Oh well whatever it is it is
Another fellow Staten Islander. I start the 14th as well. I dread the thought of having to go out to the BX as well But I guess its better than no job.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:17 PM

71 posts, read 116,741 times
Which Manhattan garages, are most easily accessible by public transportation?

Old 11-07-2011, 03:40 PM

146 posts, read 259,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round robin View Post
Cleaning was lost because they are trying to do everything they can to get this job done with as least sw's as possible. That's why there's wep's in every district now and they sold part of the snow routes to privates. Most mlp is on city property. I never heard such a thing so ridiculous as what you just wrote about private businesses and hiring people to clean. Privates don't pick up corner baskets either. Wow, that statement is just complete nonsense.
really who is it that gives routing times summons? its dsny so you have a business in an area and you keep getting summons cause the area is dirty, but there is mlp around but that mlp dont do crap. what ya gonna do? they make up bids and such to clean the area to bring up the scorecard and reduce the ecbs. big money in running these bids and guess who runs them old retired chiefs cause they know new guys dont wanna do cleaning. some bids encompass whole sections which mean no cleaning required. so the city gets what it wants without havin to hire new workers.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:55 PM

360 posts, read 736,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will It Happen View Post
Which Manhattan garages, are most easily accessible by public transportation?
Almost all there Manhatten .. Lol

Old 11-07-2011, 05:06 PM

253 posts, read 540,382 times
If you guys want a shot at brooklyn try BK north 5... Its a little heavy but only 20 min from the verazzano (staten island people) And the people there are solid... They really are looking out for the new guys... We are short and they might start dumping in NJ so we will probably need more people...

Old 11-07-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7xxSanitList View Post
If you guys want a shot at brooklyn try BK north 5... Its a little heavy but only 20 min from the verazzano (staten island people) And the people there are solid... They really are looking out for the new guys... We are short and they might start dumping in NJ so we will probably need more people...
Same with BK 12 did my OJT at 12 great guys and right over the bridge...

Old 11-07-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I'll let em know tomorrow. Don't know if it'll make a difference but if it keeps a si guy from trekking to the bronx its worth a try. Not that I have anything against the bronx. Its just the long commute and the toils. Oh well whatever it is it is
First day at FBF tell your hook .. And Jimmy and anthony are great guys and listen to the instructors and don't be afraid to ask questions ...

Old 11-07-2011, 06:16 PM

58 posts, read 121,926 times
fellow staten islander myself hoping to NOT get sent to the bronx!!! but hey whatever happens happens, i keep looking at the picture i took of my i.d. i STILL cant believe it. one more week to go gentlemen!!!! i pray for you guys right behind us cause i know what it does to you, just hang in there!!!

Old 11-07-2011, 06:33 PM

28 posts, read 51,157 times
7xxsanitlist bk 5 is not too good those guys don't stick together and their basket route on 12-8 is horrible fulton street is bombed out on every corner. I say this because a lot if guys that came on after me transfer out of there . they can't keep junior guys cuz seniority wise you'll be stuck doin 12-8 baskets till u got like 4 years on. Last year I was going out if town there atleast once a week on 12-8 to do the.basket truck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City