Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2019, 02:23 PM

86 posts, read 84,055 times

Advertisements

I'm on exam 9326 and just received an email for my initial interview and medical on 1/4/20. What kind of questions do they ask? I'm nervous and don't want to blow the interview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 07:05 AM

73 posts, read 72,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsan View Post
I'm on exam 9326 and just received an email for my initial interview and medical on 1/4/20. What kind of questions do they ask? I'm nervous and don't want to blow the interview.
I was like in a group of like 50 people. Through every process, you have to wait for the entire group which is why the process takes so long. When you first get there, you'll be on a line to get into the building, where they make you go through metal detectors and all that jazz. Then you have to wait for the entire group to get ID tags/stickers. Then you'll have to walk up 6 flights where they collect the majority of the copies of documents they requested in the email. After that you'll go back downstairs where people from the group are called, a few at a time to speak to a high ranking safety agent. They'll ask why you want to be a school safety agent and stuff like that. Then back upstairs is where you'll be asked to fill out paperwork on past jobs, arrests, traffic tickets, drug use and even tattoos. They'll then start taking people who are done with this paper work to get on line for finger printing, another line for sight test, another for hearing and lastly EKG heart test. Then they'll ask you to take a quick survey on a computer, give you you're investigators contact information and set you free. Lots of waiting in between. You'll be sent home with basically homework, things you need to prepare for your investigator. The homework requires a lot of time, so start on that asap. Try your best to be prepared for the next meeting with your investigator, they like that a lot.

Old 12-25-2019, 10:02 PM

2 posts, read 9,970 times
This process had been the worst job experience of my life. The department is extremely unorganized and rude. You won't get a lot of your questions answered and please make sure you confirm all of your appointments before you show up because I have wasted a lot of time and money showing up to appointments that were cancelled without my knowledge. Most people on this thread seem to be very worried about the jst, it was honestly the easiest part for me, getting thru it was a joke lol.. don't get in your own head about it. Get ready to pay $$$ for every part of this process which includes your Social Security work history ,disposition, dmv abstract, finger prints, all the paperwork they want you to get notarized.. Etc.. You are paying for all of that out of pocket. They will be asking you to login to all of your social media and leave the room and they will go through all your stuff, so if you have any questionable stuff on there I suggest you get rid of it now. Piece of advice I'll give to everyone that sees this, if you are anything but African American or Latin American I suggest you look for a job elsewhere because you will not get far with them, a simple search on their graduation photos will show you who gets ahead.. and that's all I will speak on with THAT. Good luck everyone.

Old 12-26-2019, 06:21 AM

2 posts, read 9,970 times
[quote=Buttons99;56945053]This /QUOTE]

Old 12-26-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendude210 View Post
I was like in a group of like 50 people. Through every process, you have to wait for the entire group which is why the process takes so long. When you first get there, you'll be on a line to get into the building, where they make you go through metal detectors and all that jazz. Then you have to wait for the entire group to get ID tags/stickers. Then you'll have to walk up 6 flights where they collect the majority of the copies of documents they requested in the email. After that you'll go back downstairs where people from the group are called, a few at a time to speak to a high ranking safety agent. They'll ask why you want to be a school safety agent and stuff like that. Then back upstairs is where you'll be asked to fill out paperwork on past jobs, arrests, traffic tickets, drug use and even tattoos. They'll then start taking people who are done with this paper work to get on line for finger printing, another line for sight test, another for hearing and lastly EKG heart test. Then they'll ask you to take a quick survey on a computer, give you you're investigators contact information and set you free. Lots of waiting in between. You'll be sent home with basically homework, things you need to prepare for your investigator. The homework requires a lot of time, so start on that asap. Try your best to be prepared for the next meeting with your investigator, they like that a lot.
How long after that is the next step? How long after the 1st interview you would say that you would start the academy?

Old 12-26-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk10456 View Post
Hi everyone.....So I'm from exam 8323 I'm done with everything ...how likely is it that I'll be in the next training class...this is for the people that are already an ssa or in the training class?
did you get a call to the academy? how long was the whole process from 1st interview till academy?

Old 12-26-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsan View Post
How long after that is the next step? How long after the 1st interview you would say that you would start the academy?
Its hard to say how long it will take because after your initial interview, you still need to schedule about 5 appointments.

1. Meeting with investigator
2. JST
3. Written psychological exam
4. Oral psychological interview
5. Medical drug screen (Hair test)

This process can take 2-3 months depending on when you get scheduled. And I believe the academy is like 1-2 a year, so if you miss it, gotta wait months before the next hiring pool.

Old 12-26-2019, 08:22 PM

58 posts, read 50,624 times
Quote:
Hey MRS.YOUNG727, my oral psych is also Jan 7th. How tough was the JST?
The JST wasn't that bad (To me)... But I just suggest you to breathe as much as possible while jogging for the 2 1/2 laps.... The officer will show you what to do on each section.... only 2 people failed out of 60 of us... you should be good... I was a nervous wreck, but I passed.. you got this.... and IF you fail, you can take the test again at a later date.

Old 12-26-2019, 08:34 PM

58 posts, read 50,624 times
Quote:
@ Tameekad91 No drug test in the initial interview. I hear that's the last step these days, but its a hair sample drug test that apparently goes back 3.5 months.

Anyone here from exam 9324?
Yes, I took exam 9324 as well.. you had another question??

Old 12-27-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS.YOUNG727 View Post
The JST wasn't that bad (To me)... But I just suggest you to breathe as much as possible while jogging for the 2 1/2 laps.... The officer will show you what to do on each section.... only 2 people failed out of 60 of us... you should be good... I was a nervous wreck, but I passed.. you got this.... and IF you fail, you can take the test again at a later date.
ok sounds good, I'm a bit anxious to get this whole process over with already lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City