Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 10:12 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times

Advertisements

Well that's life...it's a competition. It sucks when a transplant takes "your" job, as much as it sucks when NYers take someone else's job in other states. As soon as u stop NYers from jacking up housing prices in other parts of the country, and taking other people's jobs, transplants in NYC will stop taking "your" job and jacking up housing prices.

See how that works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Well that's life...it's a competition. It sucks when a transplant takes "your" job, as much as it sucks when NYers take someone else's job in other states. As soon as u stop NYers from jacking up housing prices in other parts of the country, and taking other people's jobs, transplants in NYC will stop taking "your" job and jacking up housing prices.

See how that works?
That's nothing new. I know Transplants who complain about New Yorkers moving to there neck of the woods and raising taxes and taking away all the good jobs. You know what they say if you cant beat em join them.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:22 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
Default How far will the so called hipsters push?

alllll the way to montauk i guess..

Old 07-18-2012, 08:45 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
alllll the way to montauk i guess..
That's true--hipsters are like giant squid (which will continue to grow as long as the environment supports them). And since different neighborhoods are always being promoted as the next trendy place to live, there will always be places for them to discover. Well, OK, and infest, too.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:07 PM

116 posts, read 234,950 times
I pray they take over the whole J/Z line to Supthin Blvd. They got $$$ and open up boarded shops. I hang around Williamsburg and they turned run down factories into cool restaurants and bars. A female of any race can freely walk alone at night as opposed to 20 years ago.

Come to Woodhaven!!

Old 07-18-2012, 03:00 PM

37,153 posts, read 39,418,669 times
How about New Jersey? There's a bit of that element in Jersey City and Hoboken, but how about much further out into Jersey? It could be kind of ironic, right?

Old 08-26-2012, 09:45 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
A friend of a friend who is an art student/hipster is now advertising for a roommate for her place on Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn close to the Van Siclen stop on the J and a 10-minute walk from the Liberty stop on the C.

Isn't this sort of a bad neighborhood? I am guessing the location is around Atlantic Ave and Bradford St.

I was surprised that the hipster is pushing this far.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:50 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,809,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
A friend of a friend who is an art student/hipster is now advertising for a roommate for her place on Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn close to the Van Siclen stop on the J and a 10-minute walk from the Liberty stop on the C.

Isn't this sort of a bad neighborhood? I am guessing the location is around Atlantic Ave and Bradford St.

I was surprised that the hipster is pushing this far.
Trying to be a pioneer in East NY ... She's probably selling it as extreme west bushwick...

Old 08-26-2012, 09:55 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Trying to be a pioneer in East NY ... She's probably selling it as extreme west bushwick...
It's not an ad on craiglist, just an email sort of thing, so she wasn't forced to name a neighborhood. She says it's a "beautiful newly renovated apartment" and then goes on to list the location as Atlantic Ave. in Brooklyn, and states the walking distance to those two subway stops I mentioned. Maybe she's hoping that "Atlantic Ave" and "Brooklyn" will make people think it's a good area, since there are some parts of Atlantic Ave that are quite desirable.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:19 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
I been telling you it's happening. It's over man, game over.

I have many associates on the Wburg waterfront, you know those new developments, I am there a few days a week visiting some friends. I hear it all! No kidding too. The 'Shwick' they highly interested in, 'New Gardenia' (northern ENY) is next target after the 'Shwick'.. LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City