Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2007, 01:31 PM

14 posts, read 49,527 times

Advertisements

My family and I plan on flying up to NYC from Florida the 21st of November. We have plans to drive to upstate NY but since we fly into JFK in the morning we want to spend some time in the city. We have a rental car to pick up at the airport, we are going to use public transportation to get around the city but where would be the best place to park our rental car?

We plan on leaving the city by 4PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 02:22 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,948,630 times
Why on earth are you getting a rental car at that end of the trip? Why not visit NYC at the END of your trip? So you can drop off the car in the city and take a taxi to the airport. And what's 'upstate' NY? Isn't there an airport closer than JFK? A car is a complete burden within the city limits. Park anywhere you can. We have GREAT public transportation and LOTS of taxis - especially on holidays when others are away, taxis are easy to come by.

Old 10-06-2007, 02:46 PM

14 posts, read 49,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
Why on earth are you getting a rental car at that end of the trip? Why not visit NYC at the END of your trip? So you can drop off the car in the city and take a taxi to the airport. And what's 'upstate' NY? Isn't there an airport closer than JFK? A car is a complete burden within the city limits. Park anywhere you can. We have GREAT public transportation and LOTS of taxis - especially on holidays when others are away, taxis are easy to come by.
Flights to Rochester, Buffalo or Syracuse are very expensive for six people, besides we are looking for property to invest in and the drive will let us explore some of the small towns along the way. We are getting the rental at the beginning of the trip but rather that just drive straight from JFK to Syracuse we want to visit the city first. We cannot leave seeing the city for the end of our trip because our flight back to FL leaves in the morning of the 25th and we want to spend as much time as possible upstate.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:47 AM

1,526 posts, read 5,604,642 times
Could you get the rental after you've explored the city? Not sure if that makes sense but it seems to? I mean, do they have rental offices in the city or just at the airport? Since I don't drive (can you tell?) I just thought I'd ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City