Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Bedstuy is 50% white now
50%? Hell no. I'm maybe being generous at 25%. Keep in mind Bed-Stuy is a huge neighborhood with about 100,000 people if not more.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
In other news, I just sold my gameboy for 350 million dollars!

availableusernames's gameboy sells for record 350 million dollars

Look everybody, City-Data has a new Louis CK

Old 12-12-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Well, 60% black with a rough Eastern side is still a far cry from Southbro's alleged 87% low income black.

Again, that proves my point. People simply project their prejudices.............
He said the neighborhood was 87% black, and very low income, not 87% black with low income. His numbers may be inaccurate too but u totally misread what he posted.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:45 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Look everybody, City-Data has a new Louis CK
Nah man. Louie is totally accepting of all cultures and I am a KKK sympathizer AMIRITE BRO??

Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Nah man. Louie is totally accepting of all cultures and I am a KKK sympathizer AMIRITE BRO??
Never called u a racist. Feel free to re-post where I said that.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times
Quote:
Never called u a racist. Feel free to re-post where I said that.

You know damn well what I am referring to. And ever since that thread you have been passive aggressively calling out posts of mine like you never have before. Which in my opinion is because it bothered you how I debated all of the comments by over emotional posters calling every single member of a community a racist demon, with a couple of them calling for their demise. So I a reading between the lines there buddy...

Old 12-13-2012, 01:25 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
Quote:
50%? Hell no. I'm maybe being generous at 25%. Keep in mind Bed-Stuy is a huge neighborhood with about 100,000 people if not more.
lol No way is Bed Stuy 50% White. Maybe Prospect Heights, but definitely not Bed Stuy.

It's probably closer to 10-15% [including the gentrified areas].

Quote:
This completely not true . Most of the white population in Bedstuy is not Hasidic. Most of the whites in Williamsburg these days are not Hasidic.

The Hasidic section of Williamsburg is near Williamsburg Bridge..
No but where the Williamsburg/Bed Stuy borders meet, that is the Hasid section. If you look at the census, they litterally make up like 95-99% of the population in their pocket in Williamsburg, and have expanded south. I'm sure there's students/yuppies/hipsters etc. there, but it's nowhere near the level of Park Slope, Williamsburg, Prospect Heights etc.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:49 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
I wonder how much did it cost to fix up.
Probably $1.2 Million.

(But oh that Living Room is beautiful.)

In a follow-up story:

MAN KILLED LEAVING HIS BED STUY HOME!

Old 12-13-2012, 07:09 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,712,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
All I know is ya'll laughed at me when I said Bed-Stuy and Crown Heights were not only better than Harlem but would gentrifiy faster. I feel much safer wandering around that part of Brooklyn than in much of Harlem save for Morningside Heights. Too much NYCHA uptown. I think Flatbush between the park and Nostrand is next too. Good train service and nice housing.
Yeah I still don't know why that area didn't get "discoevered" yet.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:07 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
NYWriter Dude:

You should take a breath and relax. The numbers are used regarding the black population was from the NY Daily News article I posted..and have nothing to do with your accusation about some prejudices or projections. If you read the article, you would have noted this sentence:

"The census tract that includes the record-breaking house was 94% black in 2000 and 87% black 10 years later."

So maybe I should have been more specific...but what does that have to do with projections and prejudices? We know that NYC as whole is becoming less black, less white, and significantly more Hispanic, and the Asian population is growing also....this trend is happening in Brooklyn also including Bed-Stuy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City