Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,207 times

Advertisements

Hi ladies/gentleman or anyone with thorough knowledge but where is the best place that a person can live with a HUD/VASH voucher and not have it rejected? A little background information on myself... I was medically discharged from the U.S Army in 2010 and fell on severe hard times, my husband left me and my child at my mother's home and stole all the money in our bank account as well as not moving my household goods back from arizona (I am originally from NYC b/t/w). Unfortunately he sold off our household goods and moved in with his g/f , back in Arizona, that i had no clue about while i was recovering from injuries sustained in Iraq while ongoing treatment to this day.

I have been reading the forum for some time now and know many of you are against people who use government subsides..I myself am a little to proud an didn't want this kind of help by my mom encouraged me to ask for assistance b/c we all cant all live in this tiny one bedroom apartment in South Jamaica this neighborhood stinks

I don't want to be on disability and use government subsides for the rest of my life I am going to school currently so that I can have a career and will not have to be dependent on the government, but seeing as how i have a small child do any of you have any suggestions as to where I could live so that my daughter will be able to go to a good school and is quiet/nice area not overrun with "ghetto" people that won't deny my VA voucher?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City