Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:39 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,622,301 times

Advertisements

Recently a little old lady was attacked while opening the front door to her apartment in a public housing facility, in the Bronx, by this thug wearing orange spandex pants under his jeans, down to his knees. She was badly beaten for $45, and a chain.

Does anyone know if he has been apprehended? This is something that has been happening more and more often, an I am just wondering what is the police doing about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 01:22 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,219,078 times
"Have"......."Have" police found this thug?

/grammar nazi

Old 12-29-2012, 03:32 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,593,797 times
The part about spandex is confusing. But yeah it's effed up. When I was a teen I often wondered about safety from that type of ambush. We're told to be aware blah blah but in order to see a keyhole everyone needs to look down. I don't know anyone who doesn't. Those few seconds of vulnerability are what the perp is counting on. so vile. smh

Old 12-29-2012, 05:28 AM

4 posts, read 4,723 times
Thinking about moving to NY for my daughters to attend school how is Brooklyn bronx maybe even Harlem

Old 12-29-2012, 06:06 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,934,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
Recently a little old lady was attacked while opening the front door to her apartment in a public housing facility, in the Bronx, by this thug wearing orange spandex pants under his jeans, down to his knees. She was badly beaten for $45, and a chain.

Does anyone know if he has been apprehended? This is something that has been happening more and more often, an I am just wondering what is the police doing about it.
They have not found him as far as I know.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:19 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,622,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
The part about spandex is confusing. But yeah it's effed up. When I was a teen I often wondered about safety from that type of ambush. We're told to be aware blah blah but in order to see a keyhole everyone needs to look down. I don't know anyone who doesn't. Those few seconds of vulnerability are what the perp is counting on. so vile. smh
The perpetrator was wearing under his jeans, light orange spandex type of underwear that was longer than the ones I usually see. His jeans were below his rear cheeks, and when they showed the photograph on the News, that was the first thing I noticed. Maybe someone in the Bronx can recall someone wearing this type of underwear and can report him to the police.

Think of this little old lady, totally defenseless, and struggling on a little money from social security as your mother, or your friends' mother. This thug needs to be caught soon.....before he kills another poor, defenseless, little old lady.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:42 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Those projects where this happened are really bad. I felt nervous the few times I went there to visit friends....and very few parts of this city make me feel like that, but Washington Avenue in the Bronx is that real deal.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-29-2012, 10:06 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,331,641 times
Wow, that's crazy. I was planning on going over there not too long ago, thank goodness I cancelled plans last minute.

Hopefully they catch the person.

On another note: I don't see how mothers can raise kids in that kind of environment. If I was a mother and I knew that a neighborhood like that was my only option then I would just pick up and leave for an affordable rural location: no questions asked. Just couldn't imagine growing up in a place where horrors like this are the daily reality..

Last edited by LongIslandPerson; 12-29-2012 at 10:15 PM..

Old 12-29-2012, 10:16 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post
Wow, that's crazy. I was planning on going over there not too long ago, thank goodness I cancelled plans last minute.

Hopefully they catch the person.

On another note: I don't see how mothers can raise kids in that kind of environment. If I was a mother and I knew that a neighborhood like that was my only option then I would just pick up and leave for an affordable rural location: no questions asked. Just couldn't imagine growing up in a place where horrors like this are the daily reality..
You do what u gotta do. I'm raising my son in a bad neighborhood now. He sees the good the bad and the ugly but he gets the guidance from his mother and father in the house. So even at 3 years old he knows what time it is. Cant raise no square man.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-29-2012, 10:33 PM

402 posts, read 812,009 times
So why not take him upstate , where you can get a place half price and 2x safer? Just wondering?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: