Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 11:42 PM

16 posts, read 34,609 times

Advertisements

Hi. I have an appt on fri for an interview. Gathering the papers-hundreds-realize a big problem. I have very good credit, correct income, but I always pay my cable/ phone bill late, because they pre charge the following month. Not always on time with cell bill. Otherwise all my bills are on time. Con Ed, rent, etc. also have had surgery in nov which has thrown me off. Just a question about what I should say about this to interviewer, any insights appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 02:37 PM

510 posts, read 1,443,554 times
I wouldn't even mention it? If you have good credit then it clearly isn't reflected in your credit score. They won't even be aware that you pay it late.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:01 PM

Default thanks for the advice..

so here's the thing- do i bring the past bills or just bring con ed bill which is electronically paid on time each month, and just leave the others home? thanks again!!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 PM

39 posts, read 54,116 times
Unless your cable or cell bill has gone to collections, it will not show on your credit report. So leave it home. Sometimes "too much information" can hurt you.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 PM

510 posts, read 1,443,554 times
Did they ask you to bring bills? If not then I would leave them all at home. Otherwise just bring utility bills and forget the cable bill.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM

thanks for the info, i will just leave them home. i just got into a dumb habit of paying them 1 month after, so i was always 1 month behind. never collections or shut offs or anything like hat- but i sure learned a lesson & i did bring them all up to date this month. so for next time.....thanks again- stressed out over the interview since it is the first time i have ever been asked to an interview--just have to remember, i already have a decent, affordable, railroad apartment in a 5th floor walkup, and this would just be a great change!

thanks again! i'll post about the interview after, just found this city-data site-great site!!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:57 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
I would bring them, they DO ask for ALL you bills. Make your copies so you have them when you need to hand them over. If for some reason they don't ask then just keep them to yourself. The thing is though if they do ask for them and you don't bring them and you continue on with the apt process you will just slow your process and delay getting an apt until you hand them all the paper work they asked for.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 PM

right, but then even though i have excellent credit, isnt it an automatic "no" if you paid your bills one month behind? i did have a broken arm & surgery this fall and it did throw me off... but i also don't want to sound like a loser....thanks for opinions!

Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
The thing is you can't hide this information from them. If they ask for it then you have to provide it. If they ask during the interview and you don't have it then you have to set up another appointment to drop it off and delay the process. If your afraid you going to be told no cause you paid your bills late wouldn't you rather be told that at your interview then schedule another time to drop off your bills and still be told no. Maybe they won't even ask you for them, for me they did but everyone who interviews has a different situation. I would want to be prepared and bring in everything they ask for if you want the best chances.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:30 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Don't leave ANYTHING at home...keep the stuff you don't want to show them in a separate compartment. If you try to pick and choose what to bring, they will INEVITABLY ask to see something you did not bring causing a delay that could be fatal.

"Oh, you want my 2003 income tax forms...here they ARE!"

They will NOT be interested in your cable bill, in fact they will show little interest in any of your expenses beyond your current rent. But bring it anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City