Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 11:29 AM

398 posts, read 1,391,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
All i know is that growing up in the late 70s and 80s i don't remember seeing many white transplant types. Then after Gulianni cleaned the city up in the late 90s, they started to flood in. Its ironic that a lot of these skinny pants pansies complain that the city has lost its edge, but if it was still edgy and crime ridden, their daddy would not finance them to live here.
Lol that's so true though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 12:13 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
ny was hard but dc was savage.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:19 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
I thought the Troll had died.

This guy's SHALLOW *gawking* fascination with NYC in the 70s is irritating!

Another ridiculously general and vague questionS covering TWENTY FIVE years, of which most forum members were not alive, or were too young to be cognizant.

DC?? How would I know? Was I THERE???

You're from JERSEY, then what of Newark and Jersey City? Weren't you THERE!!

Newark, NJ was considered a murder capital for a long time as well.

There is something "not quite right" when the same person keeps posting over and over again wanting to know how "bad" it was here during it's darkest days. It's almost like a "sickness".

I swear if I didn't know better, I would think the OP is sitting naked at the computer with a bottle of lotion getting ready to "get off" on all the gory details.

But I could be wrong.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:39 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,772,015 times
Ironic how during that period NYC was the entertainment capital of the world. So much creativity and culture grew from nyc during this time. Now that its "safe" nothing really is happening in NYC. Also thanks to shows like friends/sex & the city while both very entertaining, gave a false ideal about this city and now its bland and expensive.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

There is something "not quite right" when the same person keeps posting over and over again wanting to know how "bad" it was here during it's darkest days. It's almost like a "sickness".

I swear if I didn't know better, I would think the OP is sitting naked at the computer with a bottle of lotion getting ready to "get off" on all the gory details.

But I could be wrong.
Yeah you're wrong. If anything you're doing it because you seemed to put so much thought into that. Coincidence much?

Old 01-11-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
Ironic how during that period NYC was the entertainment capital of the world. So much creativity and culture grew from nyc during this time. Now that its "safe" nothing really is happening in NYC. Also thanks to shows like friends/sex & the city while both very entertaining, gave a false ideal about this city and now its bland and expensive.
That's what I always thought.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:58 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
It was bad enough to take your breath away.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
It was bad enough to take your breath away.
I agree. It was very bad. The most dangerous city from the 70s to the early 90s in my opinion.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:04 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revis Island View Post
I agree. It was very bad. The most dangerous city from the 70s to the early 90s in my opinion.
Wait, I'm confused. Are you asking how bad NYC was during that period or are you stating as if you already know how bad NYC was?

Quote:

But I could be wrong.
Oh ----! LMAO!!! You must spread some reputation around before giving it to marilyn220 again.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:48 AM

3,951 posts, read 5,072,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revis Island View Post
It was no port-au-prince, Haiti.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City