Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 02:38 PM

791 posts, read 1,433,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
Except Mary Jane!

Mary ain't never killed nobody.

What does Molly make you feel like?
Personally I...um, well this really dear buddy of mine did not care for it and couldn't wait for it to wear off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 02:40 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
Personally I...um, well this really dear buddy of mine did not care for it and couldn't wait for it to wear off.

I know a girl (DEFINITLY not me ) who took it and it was definitly cut with something. Half the time it was amazing. The other half her boyfriend had to hold her and tell her it was ok. The music really effects you, any time a scary song came on she got very very scared. It also lasted a really long time for her vs her boyfriend so he fell asleep and she couldn't. She also couldn't taste for 2 days after. It was pretty bad and she won't do it again.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:09 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
That is, of course, up to you. None of that stuff ever did anyone any good that I know of.

But, those of you who choose to indulge should be aware of what you are ingesting. There is an outfit called "DanceSafe." They, I believe, sell or provide test kits for these drugs. As someone commented above, there's all kinds of bathtub crap in those pills.

It is interesting to look at a publication called "Microgram." It is put out by the DEA. They give some analysis info on seized drugs. Also, describe some neat smuggling tricks. (These people think they're being so effing clever.) My fave was the shipment of baseball hats where the piping over the bills was all stuffed with smack.
Its why you shouldn't do illegal drugs in the first place. You don't know what it was cut with. Also, if you do get arrested or busted in any illegal drug transaction, there are consequences to your long term employment. With a record you won't be able to get certain jobs or hold professional licenses. You could even be denied housing, including housing project housing. Enjoy renting that ****ty basement or sleeping on someone's couch. Or better yet, enjoy joining the homeless population.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:53 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,250,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
You are asking the wrong person. I have never, nor will I ever use illicit drugs or abuse prescription drugs. I like living and enjoy being able to utilize my critical thinking skills.
It is a good policy and i agree. Some might say that you're out of tune with the zeitgeist of today though. Don't listen to them. BTW are you from Laurelton?

Old 09-05-2013, 11:39 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
It is a good policy and i agree. Some might say that you're out of tune with the zeitgeist of today though. Don't listen to them. BTW are you from Laurelton?
All you need to do is go to any area with a lot of homeless, including Manhattan and you'll see the consequences of drug addiction and/or alcoholism. Homelessness.

So who is this SOME that might say you're out of touch with whatever? Idiots, and people should debase themselves by even acknowledging the existence of the worst of our society that way.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:50 PM

10 posts, read 20,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Woman Who Died At Electric Zoo Festival Took Six Hits Of "Molly"

Wow, pretty much a white audience, and people are dying of drugs, being raped, assaulted, among other crimes. According to some people on City Data, this stuff can only happen around poor Black single mothers. Look, one of the people who died of an overdose had a bachelors degree from Syracuse University. According to some people on City Data, educated white people don't have problems and don't break laws (a drug transaction in and of itself is illegal, as drugs are illegal).
Totally agree. But these same posters are tearing down the West Indian labor day parade in Brooklyn because of people shaking it and enjoying themselves. The throwing of stones by people living in glass houses never ceases to amaze me. What's more is that this wasn't reported CONSTANTLY on EVERY SINGLE news station like it would have if it happened at the labor day or puerto rican day parade.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:31 AM

15 posts, read 18,697 times
I think it's sad that people take things so far and then this happens. I don't have kids so I have no idea how I would talk to them about drugs. I read this on one of my favorite sites today.

It basically says education about the effects of drugs is better than just saying threatening things. "Even if programs were to distinguish among the different risks of drugs -- acknowledge that some drugs are, indeed, more dangerous than others, and here are the warning signs that you should specifically watch out for and ways to keep yourself safe -- it'd go a hell of a lot farther for most young adults (present anxious company excluded) than a slideshow of teenage girls getting carted out of clubs in body bags."

I don't know if that's true, or if it doesn't help because so many illegal drugs are still cut with things like bath salts or cleaning supplies, so even if you know the danger of one kind of drug, you can never be sure that's what you're actually getting. Like the article also says "But this knee-jerk assumption that molly is somehow "pure" is complete crap -- in reality, it's often combined with stuff that makes it way more dangerous than those hallucinogens. And that's a big part of why kids are dying from taking it, though heatstroke from losing bodily fluids is also a big factor."

So it's just hard to know what the best way of educating young people is. I hope to hear less about this stuff happening.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:58 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Six hits, wow.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:23 AM

70 posts, read 185,764 times
Any loss of life is a shame. A person taking 6 hits of that stuff is just crazy. I'm in the military and lived overseas for many years. My thoughts on the subject are if an adult wants to do drugs, so be it. I do not care. If he/she is doing so in the comfort of their home, amongst friends, who cares? I do not believe the "data" used by the DEA and other American agencies. I lived in Holland where smoking weed is legal, and still yet there was less crime in Amsterdam then in San Fran. Both cities compare in size, location, bay cities, etc.

The entire War on Drugs started during the early 1970s because more troops in Veitnam were dying from drugs than the war itself. Fast forward to present day and we have billions of dollars going into the "War on Drugs." The prisons/jails, legal system, police, DEA, ATF, Border Patrol, etc etc etc. Millions of people making a living off of the "War on Drugs."

This stuff about drugs being cut with XYZ is sure I'm true. Drugs dealers cut the drugs to expand their product, ie increase supply. But I do not believe said drug dealer would cut it A- to the point where it's not longer said drug, or B- to the point where it's going to kill people. Why? Common sense tells us they'd lose business pretty quickly selling weak products, or even worse products that kill people.

The person who died from taking 6 hits, I'm sure took WAY more than the recommended amount. Pretty sure if I took a bottle of Advil, I'd have some issues from it. Would I die? I don't know, maybe? I'm not going to try out and see.

On another note, I love EDM and have since the late 1990s. I don't do drugs and I drink a handful of times a year. You don't need to do drugs to enjoy EDM. People who really love EDM, love it for the feeling the music provides, without drugs. They love it for the energy of the crowd, the build up of the DJ's set, etc. NOT because of Molly, or XTC, or whatever the latest "club drug" is nowadays.

Just my two cents.

Peace

Old 09-09-2013, 10:29 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,670,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Woman Who Died At Electric Zoo Festival Took Six Hits Of "Molly"

Wow, pretty much a white audience, and people are dying of drugs, being raped, assaulted, among other crimes. According to some people on City Data, this stuff can only happen around poor Black single mothers. Look, one of the people who died of an overdose had a bachelors degree from Syracuse University. According to some people on City Data, educated white people don't have problems and don't break laws (a drug transaction in and of itself is illegal, as drugs are illegal).
How do you turn this into a race thing? Yes, you are part of the problem. You and everyone else that choose to see every single thing through black and white colored lenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City