Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 12:04 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,151,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Not an NYC story, but close enough.
How would you feel, to learn your house was trashed while you were away, by local trash.
Then, when you publicize them, to be threatened by the equally trashy parents?
Parents want to sue ex-NFLer for outing brats | New York Post
That's a crazy story. The craziest part is how the parents want to sue the victim because he RE-published tweets that the criminal kids made themselves from the scene of the crime. Pure trash.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:48 PM

31 posts, read 55,073 times
I'll take ghettoifying far over gentrifying any day. I wish every neighborhood that hasn't been sufficiently ghettoified would undergo it effective immediately. I lived in Manhattan from birth until the age of 13, and from then on to present, Queens. I won't specifically say where I live now, but you can be assured that it's known to be a rich, trendy neighborhood unlike places like South Jamaica and Far Rockaway, and I need my rent to go way down.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:56 AM

9 posts, read 21,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
When people get money they can buy the adjacent apartment and expand into their current building. Or buy a bigger apartment. Or maybe a rowhouse. Density does not increase crime, but overcrowding does. Most buildings were not constructed to be tenements, they were transformed to be a tenement (often illegally). They can be transformed back.

With the Chelsea PJs being so close to Midtown, they do not feel so massive. Most of the projects in the LES are tucked over by the water, so if you do not travel past ave B, you'll never even notice them.
I hate the title of this thread but I literally posted about Chelsea going DOWNHILL. It hasn't been the PJs so much (although they have a huge mouse problem on 9th) but some halfway house or something has opened up on 25th ish and I can't stand it.

Panhandlers (who physically go to cabs to beg for money), people walking around shoe-less, drunks staggering around. I HATE IT

Old 09-26-2013, 05:49 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,326,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke23 View Post
I hate the title of this thread but I literally posted about Chelsea going DOWNHILL. It hasn't been the PJs so much (although they have a huge mouse problem on 9th) but some halfway house or something has opened up on 25th ish and I can't stand it.

Panhandlers (who physically go to cabs to beg for money), people walking around shoe-less, drunks staggering around. I HATE IT
How long have you lived there? If you go back decades, I think you'll see the whole west side as trending uphill still.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:28 AM

343 posts, read 686,904 times
Live In Charlotte, searched ghetto people taking over and read a few posts here.
Charlotte is getting over run by ghetto people. I don't think there is anything anyone can do about it.
People are walking around throwing trash on the ground, pants down with their butts hanging out, trash all over the yards. Not sure why people have no resect for themselves or the place they live anymore.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:42 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,995,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrharris View Post
Live In Charlotte, searched ghetto people taking over and read a few posts here.
Charlotte is getting over run by ghetto people. I don't think there is anything anyone can do about it.
People are walking around throwing trash on the ground, pants down with their butts hanging out, trash all over the yards. Not sure why people have no resect for themselves or the place they live anymore.

Better that they be ghetto people than people who fly the confederate flag NO ?

Old 01-13-2014, 07:44 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,910,501 times
I love to start my week reading a heartwarming thread like this one.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:50 AM

19,068 posts, read 13,999,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post
Confederate flag people have thier own issues, but between the two I'd choose them every time. Ghetto people are a security risk to family and property whenever and wherever they congregate en masse.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:00 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,660,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post

Whats wrong with a confederate flag? It can mean different things to each person .. Seems like this is the problem with your kind of thinking.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:25 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,995,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Confederate flag people have thier own issues, but between the two I'd choose them every time. Ghetto people are a security risk to family and property whenever and wherever they congregate en masse.

good morning Airborne--- we are all well aware of your right wing conservative views--- but trying to hide
bigotry in code words rarely works. Just call em as you see em and others will judge you by that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City