Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 4,078 times

Advertisements

I'm work on the Long Island-NYC border around both populations and the difference is night and day.

Regardless of the race or age of the guy, Long Island guys seem much less rough, intimidating and abrasive than NYC males. NYC guys are usually wild and very focused on their style. I mainly work around 19-28 yr olds.

However, the differences between NYC females and Long Island females is a bit less noticeable but the guys are much different.

What are your observations? thanx (btw im a transplant from Boston, MA)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 10:15 PM

141 posts, read 306,628 times
We must live in different worlds. NYC must be pockets of bubbles that differ vastly from one another. I live in Manhattan and never run across rough and abrasive males.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:38 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
A lot of hotheads in the city.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:00 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,537,213 times
I lived in both NYC and Long Island.
Long Guyland guys are bigger douchebags, no contest.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:27 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonianJenna View Post
I'm work on the Long Island-NYC border around both populations and the difference is night and day.

Regardless of the race or age of the guy, Long Island guys seem much less rough, intimidating and abrasive than NYC males. NYC guys are usually wild and very focused on their style. I mainly work around 19-28 yr olds.

However, the differences between NYC females and Long Island females is a bit less noticeable but the guys are much different.

Women in long Island love to do drugs! Onetime at a yankee redsox game up in the Bronx. I sat next to a group if white guys, they were pretty cool. These guys were from Suffolk. They were making jokes and slander against a couple from Boston. The abuse between both parties got out of hanf until one of the long island guys said after the game Im gonna stab you. Nypd showed up and arrested the group of guys from long Island and stadium security relocated the Boston couple to safer seating arraignments. An well to do UES white couple said Im glad cops got rid of that trash. After the game the group of Long Islanf were handcuffed in back of an NYPD van waiting to be driven up the block to central booking for processing.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 10-19-2013 at 02:51 AM..

Old 10-19-2013, 03:52 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,063,208 times
As a transplant from NYC to Long Island, I can agree that there are a lot of LI young guys who try to act tough. They are basically spoiled little d-bags who wouldnt last a day in certain areas of NYC. However, it does depend on where they are from on Long Island. More likely to see that behaviour from people on the south shore rather than anywhere else.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:56 AM

386 posts, read 667,843 times
Every guy in his twenties I know from LI has a severe case of being a douche like others have said.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:51 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:

We live a rougher lifestyle thats all. Nothing too intimidating about having to rake leaves in the yard lol.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-19-2013, 12:47 PM

386 posts, read 667,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
We live a rougher lifestyle thats all. Nothing too intimidating about having to rake leaves in the yard lol.
Lol that's a good way to put it

Old 10-19-2013, 02:31 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:

You're crazy, it's 100% the other way around
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: