Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2016, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,069 times

Advertisements

if my log number in housing application is 72, when they going to call me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 05:26 PM

243 posts, read 310,180 times
Not to bring in the bad news, but they're NEVER going to call you because this lottery closed 2 years ago.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:31 AM

The building now has bed bug issues. While reading this thread, i saw all the AirBNB activity going on so i am not surprised that a new building that is not even 2 years old now had bed bugs. Shame on those lottery winners who rented out their apartment like a hotel. Now everyone in the building has to suffer.

I was visiting a girlfriend in the building for a fun day of shopping at the mall when she told me about the drama in her unit and waking up with bite marks.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:00 PM

18 posts, read 28,835 times
What unit does your friend live in AlexaMatthews? I live in the building and haven't heard of anyone complaining of bed bugs...

Old 07-09-2016, 12:00 PM

HereForQ41,

I'd rather not get into specifics, but there was indeed a bed bug outbreak. Luckily it was contained in time as it was starting to move upwards and it would have been total chaos. If buildings allow AirBnb, it will happen. While visiting my Girlfriend for shopping, the exterminator came into her apartment and disclosed what unit had the issue and was checking her apartment as a safety precaution. The tenants with the bed bugs moved out since they rented their apartment illegally on Airbnb and the guilt was eating them alive so they decided to not renew. They also left behind their mattress which the super mentioned was on sale and nobody wanted it that the tenant finally offered to give it away for FREE. Anyone with common sense knows not to take a free mattress. Especially a bed bug infested one.

Oh, and your neighbor on the 9th floor is also doing Airbnb. I contacted her to make a reservation because the inside of her apartment looks just like my girlfriends and low and behold...another illegal Airbnb rental. How she hasn't gotten evicted yet is beyond me.

Click: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1315526...s=1&s=vP6sEo9s

Old 07-15-2016, 06:26 PM

Do you think she feels bad about illegally renting out her lottery apartment?

Old 03-28-2018, 10:53 AM

A lot of middle income tenants are struggling to pay rent. Many have left after their initial leases were up. A tenant was saying they were struggling to pay $1,100.00 for their luxury studio. It just doesn't get any cheaper. So sad to see what has transpired. I wish I was paying $1,100.00.

The rents keep getting jacked up close to market rate rentals everytime someone who won middle income moves out. Ironic thing is, a luxury studio in a full service luxury high rise is 2K and the studios price after the original tenant leaves is close to 2K, so it is not really a win win for anyone anymore.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:50 AM

75 posts, read 112,362 times
Default Housing connect interview

Srcastillo cong question my interview coming up next monday not tomorrow any tip Please im also have community board
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery