Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 07:11 AM

28 posts, read 50,016 times

Advertisements

Hey q41apartmens, I did ask. Who wouldn't want one of those lower rent units. But They said they were all gone. They even put tape over them on the big poster on the door so people only see the higher rent units.
Look, this is a city thing and in reality I never expected the lower ones to be available because they are saved for people working for the city.... any agency. I'm pretty sure they have them reserved for their people.

The higher price one's are a little pricey to fit in the "affordable" range. But in reality studios around the area are $1,850 and up. I walked in to the Packard buildings a few months ago and they were asking around around $1,850 for the studio and its smaller than the ones at Q41. If you look in moderspaces.com you can see what studios kind of similar like these "luxury" ones at Q41 with views go for, not even close to $1,448.

But anyways, good luck. I'm sure they'll call you with a response soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 08:11 AM

913 posts, read 2,273,022 times
I totally hear you. It is just so expensive to be a white woman in America these days.

I wish they'd give you a 1 bedroom at the $1,400.00 price range. I agree with you that the higher priced units don't really classify as "affordable".

Old 05-23-2014, 10:19 AM

15 posts, read 30,521 times
I called yesterday since it has been two weeks since I dropped off my paperwork. Woman said if I haven't received a rejection letter I am still being processed. My credit was just ran yesterday. I work very close with my payroll department and they have not been contacted for employment verification and I have not been called in for paperwork. Fingers crossed!

Old 05-23-2014, 12:41 PM

Stay positive. That's all we can do.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:35 PM

6 posts, read 9,375 times
I only qualify for the higher priced apartments. They are pricey and i definitely would have to do some major spending adjustments if i were to get called.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:17 PM

I can handle the higher priced units, but might have to work the streets at night in order to have enough to pay the Con Ed bill, if you know what I mean?

LOL

Old 05-23-2014, 04:32 PM

28 posts, read 50,016 times
Yeah well q41, I hope they would've had lower prices too, but what can we do.
They are working alright. My HR department told me they sent a form for employment verification today. We sent it back right away. So, they are moving things along.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:58 PM

They ran my credit, but no rejection letter yet. And the company they used has a completely different score than the company I'm signed up with. It is very odd, but i work at Bank of America, so they'd be smart to let me be a tenant. I'll raise property value LOL!

World Wayfer, i wish you luck and a speedy process. Keep us posted.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:02 PM

21 posts, read 36,007 times
reporting an update for everyone....just like World Wayfarer, we were finally called into the office this week because we passed the preliminary check. i went to the office 3 times this week during my work lunches to fill out/drop off lots of paperwork, look at units and sign a floor plan (luckily exactly the unit we wanted!) the workers there are super nice and said we are "good to go" if we can pass the next step which is city approval and then we can sign the lease. the person that signed our floor plan before us was rejected by the city.

some advice for others: if anyone else gets called into the office to sign a floor plan, be sure to bring EVERYTHING with you...all the #s of your assets, phone numbers etc. also, check out the website floor plans and choose your preferred units and ask to see those.
http://bronxprogroup.com/AG-FLOOR-PLAN-04-05.pdf
http://bronxprogroup.com/AG-FLOOR-PLAN-06-15.pdf

good luck everyone! we are just anxiously waiting....

Old 05-23-2014, 10:37 PM

That is crazy. Did they elaborate on why someone would get rejected by the city?

And Congrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery