Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 12:19 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,993,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Reporters are like paparazzi. No respect.

respect for what ??? it was a fair question and this rep just got caught with his pants down around his
ankles---- He is all done--- maybe not today-- maybe not tomorrow but mark my words he is all done.

all any opponent has to do is replay this little event over and over--- nobody wants a thug to represent them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 12:54 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post
respect for what ??? it was a fair question and this rep just got caught with his pants down around his
ankles---- He is all done--- maybe not today-- maybe not tomorrow but mark my words he is all done.

all any opponent has to do is replay this little event over and over--- nobody wants a thug to represent them
Agreed. And he didn't even apologize until after his rant.

I have to laugh when people rip apart the media. He's a news reporter not some sleazy gossip columnist or a "reporter" for one of those gossip shows. Don't want questions asked about your alleged ill-doings? Easy--don't screw up.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:04 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Agreed. And he didn't even apologize until after his rant.

I have to laugh when people rip apart the media. He's a news reporter not some sleazy gossip columnist or a "reporter" for one of those gossip shows. Don't want questions asked about your alleged ill-doings? Easy--don't screw up.
This would be true IF reporters had credibility anymore, which they don't. They only want to push their own agenda.

The whole thing is just sort of amusing to me. We, here in flyover country, think "I'm going to throw you over the balcony," is how New Yorkers say, "Good Morning".

Old 01-29-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
This would be true IF reporters had credibility anymore, which they don't. They only want to push their own agenda.

The whole thing is just sort of amusing to me. We, here in flyover country, think "I'm going to throw you over the balcony," is how New Yorkers say, "Good Morning".
What agenda??? He's doing his job for crying out loud. It's not like he showed up at Grimm's family function and asked him. He asked a legitimate question and he asked it professionally. He took the opportunity to ask. Grimm could have said, "Thanks, but no comment." What's so difficult about that? Reporters DO have credibility. It's the sleazy gossip types that ruin it or the papparazzi.

If you think that's how New Yorkers say, "Good morning" then that's a horrible perspective you have. He's a goon. If you're that anti-reporter, Google Grimm and read all the articles about him.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:19 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,242,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumrare View Post
Michael Scotto, happens to be the first cousin of Rosanna Scotto. ... I wonder if the rumors are true about this Scotto family being a part of the mafia
Not hard to research.
Anthony Scotto has been identified as a made man, or full member, of the Gambino family ... (&) ... is the father of broadcast journalist Rosanna Scotto ... the family owns and operates the restaurant Fresco by Scotto on East 52nd Street in Manhattan.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:28 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,618,810 times
I don't get these comments. We're not talking about a tabloid gossip/paparazzo harassing a private citizen (which I agree is despicable). This is an elected official, his PUBLIC life--which is what's at issue here--is completely fair game and reporters should ask about it.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Not hard to research.
Anthony Scotto has been identified as a made man, or full member, of the Gambino family ... (&) ... is the father of broadcast journalist Rosanna Scotto ... the family owns and operates the restaurant Fresco by Scotto on East 52nd Street in Manhattan.
And her mother's family were also mobsters.

(But that's all irrelevant)

Old 01-29-2014, 01:43 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,907,340 times
I can't believe these people.
A reporter finally asks the tough questions, (and not the usual soft-ball) and they get upset at the reporter.

Then some of these same people will come here whining about the sad state of affairs in our political system.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:40 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Cat lost his cool and threatened a reporter with violence for asking a tough question. If you can't take the heat...

Old 01-29-2014, 02:46 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
I can't believe these people.
A reporter finally asks the tough questions, (and not the usual soft-ball) and they get upset at the reporter.

Then some of these same people will come here whining about the sad state of affairs in our political system.
Indeed, this was good reporting. He actually showed Grimm to be an mentally unstable loon who should not even be in politics.

But I do think I understand the irrational stance of some people here. The true issue is the TRUTH about GRIMM came out, and the TRUTH is often frightening for people used to HIDING and LYING. But it always comes out, and today in an era of smartphones and the internet it comes out in a dramatic way.

The best way not to get in trouble is not to do bad things. Grimm should blame himself for being even asked that question, since he was the one who did things to get him in trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: