Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 03:09 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times

Advertisements

That doesn't make it any less glitzy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 03:11 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
misery must be a state of mind.
Yup, I know a son of a billionaire and he's had everything handed to him since he was a baby. Dad never says no, whatever car or apartment he wants. Any time he wants to start a business he gets a million bucks wired to his account. Parties are always top shelf best of everything. Believe or not the dude is completely miserable

Old 03-25-2014, 02:12 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
Fake it till you make it. An oft repeated tactic. Sometimes it actually even works.

Old 03-25-2014, 02:46 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,993,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Scott’s suicide reveals tragic side of city’s glitzy scene | New York Post

I thought this NY Post article put an interesting twist to this story. You see "fabulous" people all the time in the city. If you overheard their conversations whether it be on a cell phone or at a gym you would think that they live the life of a movie star. Let it be known that most times this isn't the case. These people work very hard at building a "better than" persona. Eventually keeping up with the jonses bites you on the ass.

A famous designer like this had no friends to turn to for help. In her world it would have been an embarrassment. WHY ? Everybody is susceptible to financial distress but in her world you can't show it or else "you're out". Sad but true.

s

I've met countless NYC noobies claiming this and that when in reality it's neither. They want a piece of the pie and they will front like its no tomorrow. They live with roommates in a walk up apartment. They have no money to buy drinks in ritzy lounges yet they move with an upper crust clique. The ones who succeed are able to maneuver socially through this city and get invited to events where free drinks and private catering feeds their lack of affordability. Image is everything DARHLING !

Eventually though the well dries up and reality comes crashing down.

A lot of people in this city aren't who they claim to be. Not even in the higher dregs of society.

so what is your point. this is all well known to anyone who lives here

Old 03-25-2014, 04:11 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post
so what is your point. this is all well known to anyone who lives here
You want me to define something that I can't define for you. You take what you want from it.

Why do you want me to tell you what to think ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: