Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 11:28 PM

762 posts, read 611,114 times

Advertisements

Have any of you been there for one of their candlelight ghost tours? Did you like it? I'm very into taking ghost tours and the place seems interesting but got mixed reviews. On Yelp people hated the tour saying it wasn't scary, and on Tripadvisor people raved about it.

Some ghost tours tend to be just history with really just a brief mention of the paranormal.

I am just playing around with my dates to NYC and at first I seemed to really want to do it (they only have those tours on selected dates), but now I'm thinking it is just getting a regular tour of the museum except it's dark.

I went to a place in London called Dennis Severs' house which was a replica of a house in 1724 that is dark inside.Felt it was a huge waste of my time and money yet it got great reviews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 04:42 AM

4,775 posts, read 6,573,986 times
I didn't find it scary or creepy at all. I love the actual museum though.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
I didn't find it scary or creepy at all. I love the actual museum though.
Okay thank you. I just keep going back and forth on it. I viewed the funeral recreation on Youtube because I thought that seemed interesting but it doesn't hold my interest enough to actually participate in it.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:58 AM

4,775 posts, read 6,573,986 times
I went with a bunch of friends a couple of years back, including some people like my sister who are really into that kind of thing. All of us came out rather underwhelmed.

I feel bad saying it because I know museums need money, and I imagine this is a revenue source for them.

That said, you may enjoy the tour! If you like New York history, give it a try. Just don't expect to see ghosts. Unless you're very lucky (or unlucky, as the case may be)!

Old 08-07-2016, 10:07 AM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times
I will check this one out. Sadly, the internet has made most museum exhibits come across as rather dull. Specifically smaller niche museums. I do want to visit the worlds first video game museum (located in texas. whaaaa?) tho!

Old 08-07-2016, 10:10 AM

Also a problem with smaller niche museums, is that if you are totally into the subject matter, the museums are going to come across as really underwhelming. I think that is the case for me with the video game museum I just posted. I will say this though, I WISH I had known that there was a troll museum before that chick on the LES got booted from her apartment (museum). Grrrrr

Old 08-07-2016, 10:13 AM

I've very into ghost tours. I took 3 of them in the 6 nights that I was in NYC last LOL. I don't need to see ghosts, but I do like hearing about the sightings and it seeming spooky. 2 of the 3 I took were like that, but one really was just history. I did see a rat running around outside though LOL.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:20 AM

I am intrigued by this thread. I have been in numerous haunted buildings over the years in NYC and elsewhere. I do not think any of them have made the official registrar of haunted sites though. My current office building is SERIOUSLY haunted, I felt it the second I stepped into the office a few months ago. But what does one do with that kind of information? Keep it to oneself is the best answer lol.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:27 AM

You work at the Empire State Building? I think that's where the most beautiful woman to have killed herself threw herself out of.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:30 AM

No, I work downtown.

I would have thrown myself out the window too had I have to work in midtown!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: