Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 06:12 AM

336 posts, read 1,495,906 times

Advertisements

is top of the rock worth the admission price and when is the best time of day to go if we're there in february? thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 01:41 PM

124 posts, read 440,599 times
If you really want to see some good views of NYC, then go for it. I used to walk right by the Top of the Rock admission area at around the time their first scheduled admissions began, and the place was empty. If you go on a weekday morning, early, you should be fine. However, bundle up because February mornings can get VERY cold in NYC.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:57 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,692,542 times
I was there last in 1986. I recalled sitting in chairs on the obs deck similar to stadium seat risers. It was better than the Empire State Bldg or WTC, IMO. Due to an intense problem with heights that developed in me i can no longer go these things(the pitfalls of getting older)

Old 01-19-2008, 03:30 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,472,766 times
I went to Top of the Rock last year with my daughter and it was spectacular!!! We were up there for a little over an hour and it was GREAT! The views are amazing.

We went during the day but if you want to see the lights of NYC, it's good to go at night. One of the security guys was telling me it's so beautiful at night that you just don't want to leave. We plan on going again one evening.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:53 PM

67 posts, read 225,869 times
been there twice, the second time (during the day around the holidays) we waited in really long lines. Don't remember any seats.

yeh, it was worth it.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:49 AM

3 posts, read 13,283 times
I went up there when i visted in March it was awesome!
You can see all over new york and the upside is you can see the empire state clearly ahed of you when you face down the island, you cant see that if your ontop of it now can you.
The only downside i found was that you cant get a clear view of the Chrysler building because the metlife building mostley blocks it.
Upsides are you can see st patricks church bellow which you cant really see from the empire state and the uninterupted view across the sprawling central park is breathtaking from the top of the rock.
The admission price wasent that high i think it was about $10-$15 or something and i went just after lunch last march time and it was empty just a few people around at the top but it was extremely cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City