Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 05:43 PM

267 posts, read 303,319 times

Advertisements

Are Dominican women in New York City usually approachable? Overall, how is the dating scene in NYC? Is it generally difficult to find someone? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 08:46 PM

518 posts, read 825,622 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O8tk5KGiYc

Old 02-26-2015, 08:52 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,942,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingsLikeThat View Post
Are Dominican women in New York City usually approachable? Overall, how is the dating scene in NYC? Is it generally difficult to find someone? Thanks!
Can't really generalize racially. Every person is different. It can be difficult since there's so many people here and a lot of busy bodies, whether it's work, school, kids, etc.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:56 PM

1,557 posts, read 3,304,946 times
All women are approachable if you have confidence 'game'

Old 02-26-2015, 08:57 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,942,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matzoman View Post
All women are approachable if you have confidence 'game'
It may matter if he is not Dominican/Hispanic though. I am assuming OP means approachable as in the courtship/dating angle.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:09 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,038,635 times
Quote:
As long as your good looking it's ok to approach. In terms of dating Latinas Dominicans are at the bottom for me. I prefer Puerto Ricans and South American background women.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:30 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,291 times
We're opposite. Dominican girls are at the top for me. I love Hispanic features on darker skin, some PR girls are as pale as ghosts lol.

OP, like BronxGuyanese said, as long as you don't look like a gremlin & aren't some socially awkward freak you shouldn't have any problems & that applies to all groups of women.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:23 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,038,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
We're opposite. Dominican girls are at the top for me. I love Hispanic features on darker skin, some PR girls are as pale as ghosts lol.

OP, like BronxGuyanese said, as long as you don't look like a gremlin & aren't some socially awkward freak you shouldn't have any problems & that applies to all groups of women.
Last. It's also good to know the language, culture and Dominican phrases and ques to get a grasp and feeling for Dominican people. Doing this can make knowing Dominican women easier. If you want Dominican women the op must to North western portion of nyc preferably areas North of Yankee Stadium West if the grand con course going West towards kings bridge road and down West 225. Down to Broadway going into Inwood anything east of Broadway going down to as far as 145th Street in Harlem. West of Broadway is going through gentrification and I'm sure plenty of Dominicans moved out of these areas. During the summer check out Dominican night spots like LA Marina or El Morocco to meet Dominican women. Just be very cautious about Dominican women in NYC because a good portion of these women are not humble. The op must be good looking, and not quirky or weird if he wants a Dominican woman from nyc. If he is anything but he has blown it. Also if the op is into Dominican woman be ready and open for dating women with her own established single parent family.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 02-27-2015 at 03:31 AM..

Old 02-27-2015, 07:12 AM

267 posts, read 303,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
Can't really generalize racially. Every person is different. It can be difficult since there's so many people here and a lot of busy bodies, whether it's work, school, kids, etc.
Sure I can, some cultures and races of women are simply better mates than others. I'm more into traditional values, I'm one of the few twenty somethings left in America who isn't a far left liberal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
As long as your good looking it's ok to approach. In terms of dating Latinas Dominicans are at the bottom for me. I prefer Puerto Ricans and South American background women.
Ain't nothing wrong with Puerto Ricans or Colombians either, but I do love my Dominicans. Ever heard of Giselle Moya? Sexy, ain't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post

I'm articulate and I've never been told that I look like a gremlin, so I think I may be alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Last. It's also good to know the language, culture and Dominican phrases and ques to get a grasp and feeling for Dominican people. Doing this can make knowing Dominican women easier. If you want Dominican women the op must to North western portion of nyc preferably areas North of Yankee Stadium West if the grand con course going West towards kings bridge road and down West 225. Down to Broadway going into Inwood anything east of Broadway going down to as far as 145th Street in Harlem. West of Broadway is going through gentrification and I'm sure plenty of Dominicans moved out of these areas. During the summer check out Dominican night spots like LA Marina or El Morocco to meet Dominican women. Just be very cautious about Dominican women in NYC because a good portion of these women are not humble. The op must be good looking, and not quirky or weird if he wants a Dominican woman from nyc. If he is anything but he has blown it. Also if the op is into Dominican woman be ready and open for dating women with her own established single parent family.
... OK

Old 02-27-2015, 11:32 AM

503 posts, read 898,833 times
Quote:
Sure I can, some cultures and races of women are simply better mates than others. I'm more into traditional values, I'm one of the few twenty somethings left in America who isn't a far left liberal.

Ain't nothing wrong with Puerto Ricans or Colombians either, but I do love my Dominicans. Ever heard of Giselle Moya? Sexy, ain't she?

I'm articulate and I've never been told that I look like a gremlin, so I think I may be alright.

... OK
LOL last thing these Dominican women care about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: