Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 10:34 PM

1 posts, read 8,145 times

Advertisements

I have very high standards, and the type of man I'm attracted to is always wealthy.

I have a high school friend who moved to New York City and he lives such a luxurious life and it pains me because that was supposed to be me. His boyfriend is very wealthy and I look at his instagram and am full of rage since it's always the way I imagined I would live. His life is literally picture perfect and he is always mingling with the rich and powerful at these high society events and fashion shows. And using personal shoppers at Barney's and eating at fancy restaurants.

I read that New York City has the most rich people of any city, and it seems all the fabulous gay celebrities left Los Angeles and live in New York now anyway so that must mean something. So my question is, where exactly do they socialize? Are there any private clubs? Is SoHo House still a thing?

I am from Los Angeles and the ones I meet who put on airs of wealth via their leased luxury cars always turn out to be middle-class and just totally.. sad. This place just doesn't seem to compare to New York City when it comes to wealth.

I want to move to New York and am coming to the city on the 28th to start my apartment hunt. Will be at the Trump SoHo. Is that the center of nightlife in New York City? I know my type of people are usually Downtown. Right? Can anyone help me guide me in terms of the hot spots?

About my move: My budget is about $3,500 and I want a one bedroom if possible. I work for my parents and can do so remotely so communting is a non-issue. Just want to be around other young people who share my interests.

Thank you.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:44 PM

511 posts, read 508,639 times
I smell a TROLL

Old 04-12-2015, 10:48 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,038,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Porter View Post
I have very high standards, and the type of man I'm attracted to is always wealthy.

I have a high school friend who moved to New York City and he lives such a luxurious life and it pains me because that was supposed to be me. His boyfriend is very wealthy and I look at his instagram and am full of rage since it's always the way I imagined I would live. His life is literally picture perfect and he is always mingling with the rich and powerful at these high society events and fashion shows. And using personal shoppers at Barney's and eating at fancy restaurants.

I read that New York City has the most rich people of any city, and it seems all the fabulous gay celebrities left Los Angeles and live in New York now anyway so that must mean something. So my question is, where exactly do they socialize? Are there any private clubs? Is SoHo House still a thing?

I am from Los Angeles and the ones I meet who put on airs of wealth via their leased luxury cars always turn out to be middle-class and just totally.. sad. This place just doesn't seem to compare to New York City when it comes to wealth.

I want to move to New York and am coming to the city on the 28th to start my apartment hunt. Will be at the Trump SoHo. Is that the center of nightlife in New York City? I know my type of people are usually Downtown. Right? Can anyone help me guide me in terms of the hot spots?

About my move: My budget is about $3,500 and I want a one bedroom if possible. I work for my parents and can do so remotely so communting is a non-issue. Just want to be around other young people who share my interests.

Thank you.
At a bar mitzvah.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:47 AM

19,036 posts, read 13,948,655 times
Newflash: your life plan sucks.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:30 AM

515 posts, read 875,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Porter View Post
Just want to be around other young people who share my interests.
So dick right?

Old 04-13-2015, 06:16 AM

231 posts, read 401,908 times
Well I once was omw home from the Marquee and stopped to pee in an alleyway in Chelsea and some lispy, limp wristed abomination with grey hair popped out of nowhere and said "do you have a cigarette baby?" and traumatized me. So maybe start around 10th avenue in the 20s if that's your thing?

Old 04-13-2015, 06:39 AM

706 posts, read 1,041,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkub101 View Post
So dick right?
LOL. Too many of these post. Where to find Asian Females, Where to find white females, etc.. Just get off the PC and walk around NYC.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:23 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,144 times
I have to think this is a troll.

But in the rare event it's not.....you're say you are tired about the 'fake wealthy' people in LA who turn out to be middle class. That you want to come here and live some luxurious lifestyle, and then your budget is $3,500 for a rental? HAHAHA!

Unfortunately, even if you are not a troll, which I am almost sure you are, there are many in your community like you. You've spent your whole life being made fun of and getting swirlies in the boys room, you develop some fake, elitist attitude to hide the fact you aren't welcome home on fathers day.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:59 AM

231 posts, read 401,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
I have to think this is a troll.

But in the rare event it's not.....you're say you are tired about the 'fake wealthy' people in LA who turn out to be middle class. That you want to come here and live some luxurious lifestyle, and then your budget is $3,500 for a rental? HAHAHA!

Unfortunately, even if you are not a troll, which I am almost sure you are, there are many in your community like you. You've spent your whole life being made fun of and getting swirlies in the boys room, you develop some fake, elitist attitude to hide the fact you aren't welcome home on fathers day.
LMAO

So true.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:24 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,965,375 times
Ah you guys missed what he is looking for. Elitism isn't it.

He is looking for a sugar daddy to take care of him.

That isn't a strictly gay thing. Listen to Soon as I get Home from Work by Babyface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TYjblr2t3A

The relevant lyrics are posted here.

You're the kind of woman
That needs a man with lots of cash
With a stack of major credit cards
And with me you don't have to ask

I give good love
I'll buy your clothes
I'll cook your dinner too
Soon as I get home from work
I'll pay your rent
Your faithful lover

Or alternative from Donna Summer's Bad Girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbGKeyCywTY

Hey, mister, have you got a dime?
Mister, do you want to spend some time? Oh, yeah
I got what you want, you got what I need
I'll be your baby, come and spend it on me

Hey, mister I'll spend some time with you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: