Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever seen an African American and Dominican in a romantic relationship before?
Yes 46 82.14%
No 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:21 PM

193 posts, read 282,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
There was slavery in the Dominican Republic. That's why there were Blacks brought there to begin with. Super Mario is just delusional. And no one is forcing Dominicans to do anything.
See if he doesn't want to consider Dominicans Black (which many are) that's his business, but he went way too damn far by saying blatantly FALSE information. Every country in the Caribbean and almost all in the Americas in general had slavery; he's straight up lying and sounds stupid as hell.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
The issue with America, and why people like you are brainwashed into believing A-rod and Bartolo are black is because in America's sick and rascist history, people with any kind of black blood were treated the same as people who were fully black. Thus, these people gravitated and identified with full blacks because their slave masters treated them as such. Jim Crow era, Slavery era etc mixed people were brainwashed into believing they were black. No such thing as a mulatto in rascist one drop america, you were black. Fast forward to today, same american mulattos /blacks are forcing people from a country that never had any slavery, that embraced their various shades, that intermingled constantly for centuries, into adopting a jim crow rascist american kind of thinking.

Leave Dominicans alone. Not our problem your mulattos were treated like crap and brainwashed.
I don't even know why I'm wasting my time responding to your partially illiterate ignorant delusional trolling ass, but I will call you out on the bolded above. Because all people in the US who had known Black ancestry were classified as Black, I think it some ways benefited those who were lighter skinned. To put in perspective: in someplace like the DR, where mulattos were not categorized the same as Black people or persons with predominately African ancestry, they fell into this secondary class status to Whites. In the US where mulattos were classified as Black, many were able to achieve a higher standing within Black society, compared to their darker skinned/less mixed counterparts. If you look at many early Black HBCU attendees/administration, founders of historically Black social clubs/sororities/fraternities, etc. other aspects of upper echelon Black culture and society in the U.S., it was almost ALL mulattos/light skinned Blacks. I PROMISE you those people, even with Jim Crow in America, experienced and probably still do experience a better quality of life compared to your average mulatto in the DR. Why? Because sometimes, it's better to be a first class Black, than a second class White. Mulattos in the US are first class Black people, while in the DR and in most of Latin America, they're second class White people, which means mulattos in the DR don't have a unique separate society to partake in that grants them a privilege unlike in the US.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:42 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS013 View Post
I don't even know why I'm wasting my time responding to your partially illiterate ignorant delusional trolling ass, but I will call you out on the bolded above. Because all people in the US who had known Black ancestry were classified as Black, I think it some ways benefited those who were lighter skinned. To put in perspective: in someplace like the DR, where mulattos were not categorized the same as Black people or persons with predominately African ancestry, they fell into this secondary class status to Whites. In the US where mulattos were classified as Black, many were able to achieve a higher standing within Black society, compared to their darker skinned/less mixed counterparts. If you look at many early Black HBCU attendees/administration, founders of historically Black social clubs/sororities/fraternities, etc. other aspects of upper echelon Black culture and society in the U.S., it was almost ALL mulattos/light skinned Blacks. I PROMISE you those people, even with Jim Crow in America, experienced and probably still do experience a better quality of life compared to your average mulatto in the DR. Why? Because sometimes, it's better to be a first class Black, than a second class White. Mulattos in the US are first class Black people, while in the DR and in most of Latin America, they're second class White people, which means mulattos in the DR don't have a unique separate society to partake in that grants them a privilege unlike in the US.
SuperMario would not be here if things in the Dominican Republic was so great. No one is holding him here or forcing him do anything and last I checked you do not need an exit visa to leave the USA. And I could careless if he calls himself a purple lunatic.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:55 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
SuperMario is making his way through the castle as we speak...

Old 11-16-2015, 01:03 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
In D.R I was considered white.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
SuperMario would not be here if things in the Dominican Republic was so great. No one is holding him here or forcing him do anything and last I checked you do not need an exit visa to leave the USA. And I could careless if he calls himself a purple lunatic.
Dr is a very poor place. I had a whole bunch of black people out there asking me for money. DR is very African influenced from my experience. The country has nice history though and . Best looking women in all of Caribbean. And good rum too. I'm planning on going back next year to visit both Dr and Haiti.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 11-16-2015 at 01:15 PM..

Old 11-16-2015, 01:11 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Black American men with Dominican women are common. Besides both groups are black anyway. What difference does it make?
Haha, LMAO!!

Old 11-16-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Haha, LMAO!!
I used to have a Dominican girlfriend who was very afro. She preferred her men to be fair skin with curly hair like me.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:27 PM

When I was last in DR, most persons assumed I was either Dominican from the Campo or Dominican from the states. They laughed when I told them was Guyanese. They told me in Spanish, Guyanese people or Indio or negro. Pero tu no estas negro o Indio, porque senor? From my observation in Dr, people are focused on skin color and complexion. In matter of fact this is a problem in most countries with a mixed race populace.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 11-16-2015 at 01:38 PM..

Old 11-16-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
When I was last in DR, most persons assumed I was either Dominican from the Campo or Dominican from the states. They laughed when I told them was Guyanese. They told me in Spanish, Guyanese people or Indio or negro. Pero tu no estas negro o Indio, porque senor? From my observation in Dr, people are focused on skin color and complexion. In matter of fact this is a problem in most countries with a mixed race populace.
That's because unlike the US where we have few and very clear distinct racial categories, countries that don't have a pigmentocracy. The US is one to some degree, but on a much more superficial level. That's also because the US has a much larger White unmixed population compared to someplace like the DR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City