Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 11:03 AM

19,059 posts, read 13,985,530 times

Advertisements

We are always a target and muslim terrorism will visit us again as soon as they are able to, that's a fact. I'm confident that I am prepared to respond effectively to protect my family when the savs attack, are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 11:05 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Wrong. Early Islam was quite tolerant of Jews and Muslims, referring to them as "the people of the book" and allowing them to pursue their own religious beliefs as long as it involved the monotheistic God. Your statement is simply and fundamentally contrary to fact. You might consider looking into history, for example, the Crusades ... It is you who are definitely not a student of history except perhaps some sort of internet thing or feel-good baloney.

To this day, "normal" Islam - non-radical and/or non-fundamentalist Islam - has a tolerance perspective and will not necessarily discourage, for example, Muslim women from marrying outside Islam.
Do you know what the jizya is my progressive little lamb?

Right, Islam adores Christians and Jews.
As far as the Crusades lol, you do realize they were a response to Muslim aggression correct?

Listen, you can try all day with me but you can't win. You are a liberal fool, and when the time comes all your jumping up and down about how you love diversity and Islam is a religion of peace and blah blah will not protect you. People like you are weak and you are exactly the type that will die on your knees while real men like me will live or die on our feet.

Didn't your dear leader Obama earlier in the day Friday declare Isis contained? Yea, on ABC to that other liberal douchebag Staphanopoulos...contained huh? You ain't seen nothing yet. Lol, delusional isn't the word.

Again, play your game with me but everyone sees through you.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:12 AM

555 posts, read 617,948 times
it's only a matter of time before it happens again here in NYC... Islamic terrorists are not going to just go away... there are always new and young brainwashed kids ready to take over.

But... we must let everyone in this country right? That policy might have made sense many years ago, it doesn't make sense now. But for the sake of diversity, political correctness, and equality we will let anyone and everyone come here and destroy us while our own people have no means of defense.

My parents grew up in a time where anyone that worked could afford an apt in NYC...manhattan at that. This is a different time, there is not enough housing or resources or space for american citizens in many cities, yet we keep allowing foreigners... some who hate america and everything that it stands for, to come here and take resources from our own people.

Political correctness is killing america.

Drop a bomb and call it a day.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:34 AM

769 posts, read 1,015,867 times
let's not overlook who ISIS actually is here. How they were recruited, funded and controlled.

interestingly enough, ISIS started here in the US.

https://public.isishq.com/public/SitePages/Home.aspx

they conveniently changed their name to SIS a few months ago, wish I had a screencap of the page before they changed it, but just look at the URL.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:58 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,977,077 times
It's only going to get worst. Like someone else stated, western society is weak and quite PC at the moment to really do anything effective. Then there are segments of western society who promote this change and foreign culture and values into their nations. So the issue will continue to grow and possibly worst attacks to happen in the future. There are no Charles Martel or El Cid like leaders to prevent future attacks and expansionism from happening this time. I'm not talking harsh strategy like mass executions but tightening the borders and being more selective about who enters western nations is a good start. It is what it is..

Look at Sweden for example ? This is a western nation with very little colonial history. Sweden had a small short lived colony along Delaware here in the USA and some short lived minor forts along the Gold Coast of Africa. Yet that segment of western society is conditioned to believe they owe the world a lot and all sorts of migrants illegal or not target it for it's welfare also. When you have 2 cultures with complete different perspectives sharing one land, issues are bound to occur. History proves that.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:59 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,935,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Do you know what the jizya is my progressive little lamb?

Right, Islam adores Christians and Jews.
As far as the Crusades lol, you do realize they were a response to Muslim aggression correct?

Listen, you can try all day with me but you can't win. You are a liberal fool, and when the time comes all your jumping up and down about how you love diversity and Islam is a religion of peace and blah blah will not protect you. People like you are weak and you are exactly the type that will die on your knees while real men like me will live or die on our feet.

Didn't your dear leader Obama earlier in the day Friday declare Isis contained? Yea, on ABC to that other liberal douchebag Staphanopoulos...contained huh? You ain't seen nothing yet. Lol, delusional isn't the word.

Again, play your game with me but everyone sees through you.

You really are not very smart.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
You say islam doesn't have a long history of warring with the West??? Only since 632 AD when it was founded. Quite a long time no matter how one looks at it. You can watch all the films you want, and blame a JV team called ISIS, but the true culprit and enemy is islam. Everything else is just an excuse.

Really ... and what was "the west" doing during the long Middle Ages ? Do you know ?
Do tell. Edify us all with your impressive background in history.
And do endeavor to include facts.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
It's only going to get worst. Like someone else stated, western society is weak and quite PC at the moment to really do anything effective.

Indeed it will get a lot worse, and ignorance will prove just one of the enormous - if conceptual - stumbling blocks.

Which has little to do with "PC," and in fact, political correctness is merely the other side of the same coin on which "conservatism" also stands.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:09 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,059,069 times
Once you have growing alienation, inequality marginalization, poor economic prospects, the public at large and ruling class needs to watch out for the isms. Communism, Islamism, fascism, anarchism are threats to the system.

Right now I'm more afraid of growing China and a resurgent Russia. Both are allies and nuclear armed. One red button launches and icbm into space. Warhead falls like an asteroid over NYC turning everything into vapor and ash with temperatures exceeding that of the surface of the sun. This is far fearful than a jihadist

Old 11-14-2015, 12:25 PM

19,059 posts, read 13,985,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Really ... and what was "the west" doing during the long Middle Ages ? Do you know ?
Do tell. Edify us all with your impressive background in history.
And do endeavor to include facts.
You do realize that you rarely say anything definitive, always dancing around the edges of an issue, yet constantly demand exact facts and figures from anyone you disagree with? I hate to say it, but I'm pretty convinced by now that you are well-educated along the same lines as our millenial generation: academia for the sake of academia with little relevence to the real world.

You apparently are fond of reaching back into the dim light of a thousand years to address current events which have clear and convincing roots in much more modern times. The Crusades are irrelevant to modern Islamic terrorism, brought up merely to deflect from the truth that Islam is incompatible with modern society. Those who use the crusades to defend modern muslims never seem to mention the islamic incursions into Europe, which reached far into Spain and even further north at points throughout history, right up until the time of the founding of our nation even (Barbary Pirates anyone?). You want history and facts? How about the Battle of Tours, in France of course, in 732, long before the crusades. Or the Ottoman genocide of the Armenians (my ancestors) during WWI?

If there is one aspect of the middle ages that is still relevent to the topic at hand, it is that Islam and its adherents are largely stuck in that time period while western society has passed them by not due to racism or whatever other nonsense apologists continue to manufacture, but because of superiority.

Last edited by Airborneguy; 11-14-2015 at 12:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City