Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:25 PM

112 posts, read 325,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcladue View Post
NAILED IT! Nice baby.
by the way, "rent controlled walk-up" apparently is a bad thing in Ohio....????
"ciao"
Well, maybe not to you seeing that you're condemned to your rent-controlled Bushwick (or even worse, Buffalo) slum for the rest of your life.

You know, it's a pity. I would gladly drive through your slum and throw you a few dollars but I'm not sure if my BMW's navigation system maps out the hood. Since I'm feeling generous, I would also think about inviting you to pick up the change from my doorman, but surely somebody like you would be bounced out of the high doors of the building faster than I blow past your borough en route to East Hampton.

A presto!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 03:25 PM

2,954 posts, read 12,306,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Materialism View Post
my weekly allowance is more than you'll see in a year.
Can't win either way. Either a total fake or living off an "allowance." That's precious.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:26 PM

757 posts, read 3,363,589 times
Quote:
My senators are Thomas Duane and Liz Krueger.
Wow, you must be verrrrrry rich, Materialism! You have two New York State Senators! I have only one (Duane), as do most New Yorkers, including billionaire Bloomberg and billionaire Trump (both Krueger).

Old 02-20-2008, 03:37 PM

112 posts, read 325,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbro View Post
Wow, you must be verrrrrry rich, Materialism! You have two New York State Senators! I have only one (Duane), as do most New Yorkers, including billionaire Bloomberg and billionaire Trump (both Krueger).
That's great and all but according my district has two senators.

Darling, this isn't the South Bronx so of course you wouldn't be familiar with how things operate on this side of the world (Manhattan).

Hope that helped.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:10 PM

182 posts, read 436,229 times
Every time you allege that I live somewhere other than the UES, you just re-confirm everyone's suspicions that you have no clue what it is, considering I have referenced this as my location many times.

"A Presto"

Quote:
Well, maybe not to you seeing that you're condemned to your rent-controlled Bushwick (or even worse, Buffalo) slum for the rest of your life.

You know, it's a pity. I would gladly drive through your slum and throw you a few dollars but I'm not sure if my BMW's navigation system maps out the hood. Since I'm feeling generous, I would also think about inviting you to pick up the change from my doorman, but surely somebody like you would be bounced out of the high doors of the building faster than I blow past your borough en route to East Hampton.

A presto!

Old 02-20-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:

Darling, this isn't the South Bronx so of course you wouldn't be familiar with how things operate on this side of the world (Manhattan).

Hope that helped.

....wow....

Old 02-20-2008, 04:35 PM

757 posts, read 3,363,589 times
Quote:

Hope that helped.
No, this is Lincoln Square, which is not in the Bronx, south or otherwise. I have lived and voted here since 1975. But it makes no difference to the matter at hand, because (shocking though you may find this) the Bronx and Manhattan are both in New York State and subject equally, with other jurisdictions, to the New York State Constitution. This is not complicated.

Here is a map of the 29th SD New York State Senator | 29th Senate District | Thomas Duane | District Map (broken link)
and one of the 26th SD New York State Senator | 26th Senate District | Liz Krueger | District Map (broken link)

Unless you live smack in the middle of Eighth Ave. or one of the other streets where their districts abut, you have one (1) (I) (uno) State Senator. When you walk into your polling place in November, you will find you are able to vote for but one candidate for State Senate.

I don't know why I bother to respond, except to correct misinformation spewed by this ignorant poster.

Last edited by Carbro; 02-20-2008 at 04:43 PM..

Old 02-20-2008, 04:54 PM

exactly; you don't want to respond, but Materialism's comments are just so ignorant, you can't help BUT post a response....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbro View Post
No, this is Lincoln Square, which is not in the Bronx, south or otherwise. I have lived and voted here since 1975. But it makes no difference to the matter at hand, because (shocking though you may find this) the Bronx and Manhattan are both in New York State and subject equally, with other jurisdictions, to the New York State Constitution. This is not complicated.

Here is a map of the 29th SD New York State Senator | 29th Senate District | Thomas Duane | District Map (broken link)
and one of the 26th SD New York State Senator | 26th Senate District | Liz Krueger | District Map (broken link)

Unless you live smack in the middle of Eighth Ave. or one of the other streets where their districts abut, you have one (1) (I) (uno) State Senator. When you walk into your polling place in November, you will find you are able to vote for but one candidate for State Senate.

I don't know why I bother to respond, except to correct misinformation spewed by this ignorant poster.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:36 PM

4 posts, read 26,256 times
Try Riverdale, close enough to NYC and not Westchester. Keep the car!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:54 PM

82 posts, read 324,813 times
what do you do? Maybe you can make an extra $500 doing something that doesn't require a lot of time. if you worked for me as a loan officer you could make an extra 8k a year by just selling 3 or 4 mortgages. If you asked everyone you knew if they were looking for a loan you should be able to get at least half a dozen depending on your age... or you could just live in Fort Lee or Edgewater or maybe lower Westchester County like Tarrytown... If the deal is in NY I have to get you licensed but that is not a big deal at all...

Last edited by mortgage king; 09-08-2008 at 10:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City