Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 01:27 PM

155 posts, read 187,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbrellaGold View Post
Hi guys can anyone shed some light on how the income requirements/finances are calculated??

I'm completely new to this site forgive me if this is the wrong forum
They go by your salary, if you're getting anything from the government, such as SSI, SSDI, Disability, etc. plus 401k and others if you're running an independent biz, etc..

Old 01-30-2017, 02:15 PM

132 posts, read 178,371 times
Well I never received an intake receipt the anxiety is really killing me too
I cant wait until I have an answer about all of this

Old 01-30-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENISEP170 View Post
Well I never received an intake receipt the anxiety is really killing me too
I cant wait until I have an answer about all of this
Denise, I genuinely suggest you to go in person and ask what's up.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
Denise, I genuinely suggest you to go in person and ask what's up.
Well I interviewed in October, and no one who interviewed post September has received anything either. I also annoy them via email a lot and they told me that they have not sent out any mail to me as of yet.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENISEP170 View Post
Well I interviewed in October, and no one who interviewed post September has received anything either. I also annoy them via email a lot and they told me that they have not sent out any mail to me as of yet.
Personally, emails and phone calls won't be as effective as it would be in person. I interviewed much later and I incessantly went to the office. Phone calls and emails will be a major shrug off. They also want to see that you're interested and responsible as well.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
Personally, emails and phone calls won't be as effective as it would be in person. I interviewed much later and I incessantly went to the office. Phone calls and emails will be a major shrug off. They also want to see that you're interested and responsible as well.

See.. that's a huge problem for me... I don't work any where near the office so I can not go during lunch and I leave work at 6 T_T

I wish I could harass more but I can not because of work. What am I to do? constantly take days off? This is so process is so distressful, but you're right I wish I could go in person.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:03 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times
quote:
They also want to see that you're interested and responsible as well.

I don't like this claim. I don't even think it's correct to be honest, but I do see your point. But why should we be subjected to acting like a bunch of feral cats coming around begging for milk every morning? If everyone showed up in that office on a daily basis it would be a total zoo (and it already is!). Clearly those of us who submitted all our documents and have been to the office 2-3 times for the interviews, etc are interested. We can't all take off work all the time to just stop in, plus I feel like they would be more annoyed than joyed at these random drop ins. This office is doing 461 dean, carlton, and now the 6th avenue one opening up.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala4613 View Post
I had the same Option but I got a call and was told my flie went to hpd on Wednesday. So let's see hopefully with god leading I'll be moving soon

Lala are you CB preffed? When did you interview? Log range?

I am non preffed low log, 2XX and interviewed in October. Still no word from mhny

Old 01-30-2017, 04:11 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times
Denise, I still think you have a VERY good shot at this with that log # and no preference. These units are doled out in groups. Percentages for each group, and YES, non preference groups are a discrete group, i think like 38% of available apartments. You won't lose out to someone in another preference group. But then again, yeah maybe with almost 300 people applying for those few available units for the non pref group that are still within income range and apartment size you might lose out. Who knows? I hope you get one.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:01 PM

260 posts, read 333,029 times
The building I'm going for is park ave in the Bronx I had my interview on October I'm CB log is 10,xxx I got a call last Wednesday for a notarized letter and they send my boss employment verification letter and was told that day they sent my file. Just waiting back hope all of you guys get a call back soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery