Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 10:13 AM

114 posts, read 180,176 times

Advertisements

Crwnheightsresident, Journey, I'm really glad you're calling. I learned from my HR person that MHANY sent two identical verification letters to my employer, a month apart. I have no idea why. If they delayed my application and lost me an apartment because they're too lazy or incompetent to keep track of their own mail, I'm going to be pissed. I had CB preference, too, and it's really frustrating watching people move in in just a few months, or watching more people get called in to interview while I sit in limbo.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:57 AM

155 posts, read 187,078 times
I believe we all go through the game literally sitting and biting our nails not knowing what's going on. But I would keep trying to annoy mhany frequently so your face is known. Especially when you apply for more than one building. Wish mhany can do better with their organizing it's a bunch of incompetent staff, immature and young people doing a LOT of work literally for you. Otherwise you'd be asking for a letter, doing the credit check nonsense..etc. so gotta appreciate them doing the work. My best advice is to keep going to the office and make yourself known. Even if it's not 461 , you have 535 Carlton and now 38 6th Avenue. I actually browsed 38 6th Avenue complex and it's very similar to 461. Effort is key especially under mhany.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:01 AM

74 posts, read 93,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofcoins37 View Post
Crwnheightsresident, Journey, I'm really glad you're calling. I learned from my HR person that MHANY sent two identical verification letters to my employer, a month apart. I have no idea why. If they delayed my application and lost me an apartment because they're too lazy or incompetent to keep track of their own mail, I'm going to be pissed. I had CB preference, too, and it's really frustrating watching people move in in just a few months, or watching more people get called in to interview while I sit in limbo.
You guys, I'm over it. Just got an email from MHANY saying yes, in fact I'm on the wait list.

I've filed a complaint with HDC after speaking with their office this morning about everything I have gone through and MHANY's inability to communicate effectively, calculate income correctly, etc etc. The woman I spoke with was sympathetic and was very interested to learn that MHANY refused to correspond wait list and rejection letters via email.

If anyone else is interested in following up with HDC, (who, I verified with 311, is the city agency overseeing this lottery), the email is hdccompliance@nychdc.com

Old 02-02-2017, 11:02 AM

Forest Ratner is a totally different story, much respect to them. My lease signing was about an hour ago and was treated like royalty. They even had an interpreter ready in case of anything.

All in all, go get that raise and promotions and congrats to those who got that. I'd rather pick that over the apartment, I'd repeat that many times. You guys deserve nothing but the best.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post
You guys, I'm over it. Just got an email from MHANY saying yes, in fact I'm on the wait list.

I've filed a complaint with HDC after speaking with their office this morning about everything I have gone through and MHANY's inability to communicate effectively, calculate income correctly, etc etc. The woman I spoke with was sympathetic and was very interested to learn that MHANY refused to correspond wait list and rejection letters via email.

If anyone else is interested in following up with HDC, (who, I verified with 311, is the city agency overseeing this lottery), the email is hdccompliance@nychdc.com

Wow. Fight it ! I really hope your voice is being heard for sure. It surely is unfair to not hear anything from them.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:24 AM

31 posts, read 37,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaLiving View Post
March 1 for me, you?
Same here.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:28 PM

132 posts, read 178,371 times
Do you guys know which studio/1br brackets are competitive? Or which ones are full? Has the mhny staff told you guys anything?

Old 02-02-2017, 05:10 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times
I am afraid to call them. All of my emails over the last month or so have gone unanswered. I might stop in in person next week to see if I can get any update since my case has seem to fallen into the abyss. If I am out of this, I am going to ask for all of my paperwork and documents back. I don't want all that sensitive info floating into the abyss either. I also don't want to burn bridges because I also had an intake interview for Carlton, though nothing since then, and they are managing my last hope for 6th avenue, but log #'s aren't out yet for that since the lottery is still current.

I am so happy for you guys who got an apartment. I am mostly mad at myself for letting myself get my hopes up so high over the last 5 months.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:35 PM

186 posts, read 264,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENISEP170 View Post
Do you guys know which studio/1br brackets are competitive? Or which ones are full? Has the mhny staff told you guys anything?
From my perception it seems 1 br in middle income brackets have the biggest interest. When I went into Forest City today I did ask how many units are currently occupied out of curiosity. She didn't know the number but it was still relatively few but they have lots of people coming in to sign leases in the very near future. As was mentioned before, Forest City is extremely professional and nice to work with. Once you get past MHANY you're in good hands.

Happy to answer any other questions about the process. I've been with you guys since the beginning.

Last edited by ComaLiving; 02-02-2017 at 07:54 PM..

Old 02-02-2017, 08:04 PM

186 posts, read 264,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post

Sorry to hear about this Crwnhts. I definitely think it's worthwhile to file a complaint. That said, stay on the waitlist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery