Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 08:49 AM

132 posts, read 178,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post
Aquarius your paperwork was sent to HDC and you never heard back? If you call them and inquire very politely, they can at least check if they have your paperwork... they did for me, but mine wasn't there yet.

... and just an FYI, it is HDC (Housing Development Corporation), not HPD (Housing Preservation and Development), who is overseeing this lottery. The two agencies divide the city's lotteries up between them (this is what HPD told me when I called them first).
how do you contact hdc??!

Old 02-06-2017, 09:50 AM

31 posts, read 37,762 times
It took over 2 months for me to hear back that HDC approved me. At first I called MHANY asking them about the status of my paperwork, they said that HDC was still reviewing it. Then about a couple of weeks went by and I decided to take matters into my own hands and call them. I googled the number. Its funny because I actually called HDC myself and called over and over again because I kept getting a machine. Finally I just left a message on the machine, then a day later MHANY called me saying that I was approved.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:51 AM

10 posts, read 11,106 times
I didn't get any responses about this when I asked this earlier, so I'm trying again!

Has anyone else been asked by MHANY to just email new (as in not "stale") documentation rather than bringing it in to 1 MetroTech? Any chance they'd still be sending my file to HDC/HPD? I'm worried it's just them tying a bow on my file before putting it in the trash.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:00 AM

6 posts, read 6,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENISEP170 View Post
log number? are you cb pref? municipal? disability? Also what income range , 2br? 1br? studio/? low/mid/high?

We are trying to gage the process and that info could really help us. You can just give us a range for your log number. Like if your log is 580 then say 5xx

Everything you said is spot on I interviewed in October and I had to show them my confirmation email because they didn't even have me on the list of people to see that day T_T The woman who tended to me was so kind and organized though. (but its clearly A mess over there)
They blamed their disorganization on it "being Monday"... sure...

3xxx... no cb, municipal, nor disability. Studio or 1br (they didn't tell me which), high. But when I initially applied (almost a year ago) I was mid. So idk how that works.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:08 AM

74 posts, read 93,384 times
Quote:
how do you contact hdc??!
First I called 311. They gave me the number of the "Affordable Housing Helpline" at 212-863-7990. This turned out to be HPD, who then gave me the number to HDC. Regretfully, I didn't write that one down. But you can use this info to find it.... or just google. But who knows what number is listed publicly...

Old 02-06-2017, 10:10 AM

74 posts, read 93,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbiv View Post
I didn't get any responses about this when I asked this earlier, so I'm trying again!

Has anyone else been asked by MHANY to just email new (as in not "stale") documentation rather than bringing it in to 1 MetroTech? Any chance they'd still be sending my file to HDC/HPD? I'm worried it's just them tying a bow on my file before putting it in the trash.
adbiv I've had to do this too... initially submitted my paperwork in August, needed to resubmit in November, and my circumstances had changed which resulted in a recalculation. The result of that I haven't seen yet, am going in tomorrow to sign more papers (presumably for HDC?) so will see the result of that.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:17 AM

10 posts, read 11,106 times
Hmm. Well, thanks for responding and please let me know what happens tomorrow. I haven't had to sign anything since my intake interview in August. Now I'm in the dark about why I had to resubmit without having to show my face! This is all so inconsistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post
adbiv I've had to do this too... initially submitted my paperwork in August, needed to resubmit in November, and my circumstances had changed which resulted in a recalculation. The result of that I haven't seen yet, am going in tomorrow to sign more papers (presumably for HDC?) so will see the result of that.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:04 PM

114 posts, read 180,181 times
adbiv, i have no psychic powers, but: if your intake records are over 120 days old, HDC won't look at them. that's not just an HDC thing—that's something mandated federally for any city or state agency doling out housing. i will bet you that MHANY is making you resubmit because they know there's the possibility that people's life situation will change in 120 days, so they are recalculating on their side to make sure you're still eligible, and then getting ready to submit you to HDC. that's my prediction.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:43 PM

132 posts, read 178,387 times
lmao wait so before they send your stuff to HDC you have to go in and sign more paperwork?

So basically if they haven't called me back its because my paper work is just sitting there?

Its been three months since I interviewed.. and theres no way in hell I didn't qualify...

Old 02-06-2017, 12:50 PM

31 posts, read 37,762 times
Quote:
lmao wait so before they send your stuff to HDC you have to go in and sign more paperwork?

So basically if they haven't called me back its because my paper work is just sitting there?

Its been three months since I interviewed.. and theres no way in hell I didn't qualify...
Yes once they review the paperwork they call you in again they tell you what bracket you fall into and what apartments you qualify for. Then they make you sign off forms making sure the information they reviewed is accurate. Signing those forms are basically giving them permission to send your paperwork off to HDC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery