Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2011, 05:30 PM

6 posts, read 25,018 times

Advertisements

Folks,
I have a friends coming over who have a 2 year old.
I plan to take them for a road trip in my car.
Where can I rent a child car seat for a few days??
Do you think the car rental companies will just rent a child car seat.
Thanks alot for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 10:54 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,578,205 times
Why don't you call up some rental companies and ask them?

Old 05-16-2011, 11:11 AM

285 posts, read 868,500 times
Default traveling with baby :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybronco View Post
Folks,
I have a friends coming over who have a 2 year old.
I plan to take them for a road trip in my car.
Where can I rent a child car seat for a few days??
Do you think the car rental companies will just rent a child car seat.
Thanks alot for your help.
Here is a site that has tons of rental sites for parents traveling with babies:
Baby Equipment Rentals in New York (Car Seats, Strollers, Cribs, Furniture, etc)

Old 05-18-2011, 10:51 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,726,665 times
I don't know what the prices are for the NYC rental options, but when we looked into renting (in a different city) we found that the prices were, we thought, very high. We ended up just buying the cheapest model at Target. Are your friends local, or are they coming in from out of town? Are you sure that they don't have their own? We do, and we don't own a car or use one very often. Life will be probably be easier, or at least cheaper, if you just buy one, or if you can borrow one from a friend. Although from a parent's perspective, I'd never expect my friend to provide the car seat (although it's very nice of you!). I'd definitely confirm with them that they're not already either buying/borrowing one before taking any action.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:42 PM

389 posts, read 1,229,605 times
Buy a Cosco Scenera. It is convertible, so you can use it either rear facing or fwd facing (though my model says not to use it fwd facing until 34 inches tall). It is a skinny seat and fits well in small cars. It is also a good safe seat for a reasonable price. You could just sell it or donate it after you are done. If I were the mom, I would've arranged to buy the seat myself.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:37 AM

721 posts, read 1,566,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirl367 View Post
Buy a Cosco Scenera. It is convertible, so you can use it either rear facing or fwd facing (though my model says not to use it fwd facing until 34 inches tall). It is a skinny seat and fits well in small cars. It is also a good safe seat for a reasonable price. You could just sell it or donate it after you are done. If I were the mom, I would've arranged to buy the seat myself.

Agreed. If the child is 2 this should work fine. We have a Scenera. It is a fine seat for travel. We paid around 40 dollars for ours so it is very reasonable.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:30 PM

8,679 posts, read 11,071,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Yes I'm sure 5 years later they are still wondering......
hahhaa

Old 09-06-2016, 03:22 PM

61,653 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Spammers seem not to mind... lol

Old 09-06-2016, 05:24 PM

30,614 posts, read 18,198,614 times
While not exactly renting, I'd check out the Salvation Army to see if they have any car seats for sale. They typically are very reasonably priced when I see them on the floor, and you could always re-donate to the store once you're done.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:29 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,233,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
While not exactly renting, I'd check out the Salvation Army to see if they have any car seats for sale. They typically are very reasonably priced when I see them on the floor, and you could always re-donate to the store once you're done.
Nice of you to respond but Don't bother responding. A spammer brought this thread up from 5 years ago to advertise whatever. I reported them and the post got deleted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City