Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 09:08 PM

5,125 posts, read 4,972,569 times

Advertisements

To entertain us hard working residents here. I cannot remember when the last time NY team made to the semi finals, not to mention a championship...
Couldn't the Knicks trade some of their over rated "loser" stars for some real ones??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 09:19 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
To entertain us hard working residents here. I cannot remember when the last time NY team made to the semi finals, not to mention a championship...
Couldn't the Knicks trade some of their over rated "loser" stars for some real ones??
NYC has 10 professional sports teams for each major sport. Mets blew the world series 2 years ago. Giants last women a championship in 2012 superbowl. Yankees won the world series in 2009. You see, almost every nyc mayor has a had a chance to attend a ticker tape parade. With blasio on his way out if he looses reelection. He won't be able to experience a ticker tape parade.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:26 PM

5,125 posts, read 4,972,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
NYC has 10 professional sports teams for each major sport. Mets blew the world series 2 years ago. Giants last women a championship in 2012 superbowl. Yankees won the world series in 2009. You see, almost every nyc mayor has a had a chance to attend a ticker tape parade. With blasio on his way out if he looses reelection. He won't be able to experience a ticker tape parade.
Are we talking about NBA "basketball" here?

Old 06-04-2017, 09:29 PM
Q44

894 posts, read 1,030,774 times
In '94 the Knicks lost to the Rockets in the NBA finals. Had the bad misfortune of being very good at the same time the Bulls with Michael Jordan were great. After that it was one bad trade after another, constant problems with over priced veterans pushing them to the salary cap. Add in the constant trading away of draft picks or drafting poorly. Add in the coaching choices, the GM choices, and the owner . . .

If you're a little older like me, you might have liked the Nets in the ABA days. Julius Erving, Larry Kenon, John Williamson. That was an entertaining team.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Are we talking about NBA "basketball" here?
Knicks lost hura was back in 2013. Ever since then it has been downhill. Knicks organization needs to get rid of Phil Jackson. Don't get me wrong. Phil Jackson himself is a 2 time knick champion, and he coached Michael and kobe which are greatest NBA players of all time. But Phil has ran out of energy in my book. Dolan needs to fire Jackson. Also Melo should leave the Knicks. As for the Nets? Who cares about the bums from Brooklyn.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:16 PM

655 posts, read 1,992,705 times
The Knicks are on their 11th coach since the end of the Patrick Ewing era. Their record since then in the regular season is 576-802 and in the playoffs they are 9-21. They have used around if not more than 150 players in those seasons.

The Nets are rebuilding due to past mistakes, though I'm sure when they made the trade they never thought one of the first-rounders would be the top overall pick. They may be a 60-loss team, but at least they're functional and have a few players from the area on the team.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:36 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,248,887 times
I don't know about deserving.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:41 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,943,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1979 View Post
The Knicks are on their 11th coach since the end of the Patrick Ewing era. Their record since then in the regular season is 576-802 and in the playoffs they are 9-21. They have used around if not more than 150 players in those seasons.

The Nets are rebuilding due to past mistakes, though I'm sure when they made the trade they never thought one of the first-rounders would be the top overall pick. They may be a 60-loss team, but at least they're functional and have a few players from the area on the team.
Nets are a bad franchise....their recent bad trades have stripped them of their draft picks to Boston. They have no star power to draw interest from casuals.

The NBA in general is in bad shape. The Warriors and Cavs are indicative of the loss of parity in the NBA. You need 3-4 ALL stars in order to be true title contenders, otherwise, you're better off tanking for a lottery pick. We will have the same Cavs/WARRIORS NBA finals for the next few years and this is already their 3rd straight Finals matchup. The Warriors have not lost a game yet in the playoffs and they have blown their opponents every game.

You don't even need to tune in to the season or playoffs for that matter because you know who will be playing the finals.

Last edited by nyccs; 06-05-2017 at 06:57 AM..

Old 06-05-2017, 06:42 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
Nets are a bad franchise....their recent bad trades have stroller them of their draft picks to Boston. They have no star power to draw interest from casuals.

The NBA in general is in bad shape. The Warriors and Cavs are indicative of the loss of parity in the NBA. You need 3-4 ALL stars in order to be true title contenders, otherwise, you're better off tanking for a lottery pick. We will have the same Cavs/WARRIORS NBA finals for the next few years and this is already their 3rd straight Finals matchup. The Warriors have not lost a game yet in the playoffs and they have blown their opponents every game.

You don't even need to tune in to the season or playoffs for that matter because you know who will be playing the finals.
Warriors are going to win this year. Cavs don't really have an answer for KD. I feel Lebron will scout Melo or Paul George to join him. I feel also the Coach might be fired.

I also hope the Jordan vs Lebron BS stops. The NBA is different. We are now entering the superteam NBA Era. It's going to be like watching the NBA all stars in the regular season.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Warriors are going to win this year. Cavs don't really have an answer for KD. I feel Lebron will scout Melo or Paul George to join him. I feel also the Coach might be fired.

I also hope the Jordan vs Lebron BS stops. The NBA is different. We are now entering the superteam NBA Era. It's going to be like watching the NBA all stars in the regular season.
Thank you. I have been saying this for a while now. The NBA of Jordan/kobe era is gone. It's not all about super teams, and super duper stars like lebron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City