Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 06:40 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times

Advertisements

You can't make this stuff up!

Homeless people living in FiDi hotels can’t afford food | New York Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 07:15 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,853,768 times
My mom moved to the Bronx about a decade ago with her two children (who she had no custody right of). They shipped her backed to Jersey and now me and my half sister have no idea where she's buried. I want to say LOL, but it's it's kinda sad. She went homeless because of ****ty choices in life, NOT because she had no other options. It's why I am am stuck between caring and not caring and it's a weird place to be in considering people like me are one check away from that... Although I think I have a better head on my shoulders than her, and not addicted to drugs, and don't have kids of my own, but it still scares the crap out of me. Part of me thinks you posted this article just to make fun of people less off than you.. Why? Are you doing anything that helps? ****, just realized I posted WAY too much tonight. good night.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:17 PM

(they shipped he dead body back to jersey I mean). She died sometime between 2007 and 2009. My sister thinks they put her in a potter's field, but where are they are in NYC!? Someone told me she might have been sent to Long Island in a potter's field. She was homeless in Jersey, the Bronx, Manhattan (lower... probably for methadone... She used to take me on the bus as a kid through port authority to get her methadone and then leave me on the street with people. Then I snitched on her and she disappeared and I never saw her again.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:22 PM

983 posts, read 931,103 times
Then maybe... don't live in fidi?

Old 08-01-2017, 07:27 PM

Yeah the only thing I can imagine eating in FiDi is from the trash. It's nothing but high-priced fauxdegas down there charging like 10.99 a pound for mac and cheese and organic wraps that have been left out all day not picked up by desperate office works. Include Tricbeca, Batter Park City, and half of New Chinatown in that shartshow of retail where you can eat anything. They charge like 8 bux for a cup of soup!

Old 08-01-2017, 07:30 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Was actually down there just last week and can (sort of) see the homeless people's point. There really isn't much down there you would call "cheap" food .

George's right up Rector Street from that Holiday Inn certainly is not cheap. Ditto for Sauce and Barrel right across the street.

Years ago when that area of Fidi catered to mostly workers things were different. Now that the area is all about money and wealthy residential it is an entirely different story.

Should have moved to BPC when had my chance. *LOL*

Old 08-01-2017, 07:45 PM

Ew at those stats (if they are are the believed) that 33% of our hotel rooms now house homeless familes. Bedbug city! drug city. prostitution, and all the other ills that come from housing vagrants. We NEED SRO's back in this city. Homeless people get schooled when they live in SRO's with working class people not to do stupid crap, but they get pampered living in HOTELS! wtf!?

Old 08-01-2017, 08:09 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Ew at those stats (if they are are the believed) that 33% of our hotel rooms now house homeless familes. Bedbug city! drug city. prostitution, and all the other ills that come from housing vagrants. We NEED SRO's back in this city. Homeless people get schooled when they live in SRO's with working class people not to do stupid crap, but they get pampered living in HOTELS! wtf!?
Keep in mind the homeless population grew big time and the city had to rush to figure out temporary solutions.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:16 PM

the homeless city grew big because EVERYONE KNOWS that NYC has a legal obligation to house you! All you need to do is move here with a phony police report of domestic abuse. You don't think cops in bumblef----ck areas don't doctor up these reports to get their homeless out of their hair!? You are clueless. I know multiple people who have done this and wound up now living off the system. NYC and SF, California are the epi-centers for this kind of abuse and who pays dearly in the end? Those of us who are responsible enough not to shart out love-babies!

Old 08-01-2017, 08:17 PM

110 posts, read 88,156 times
spending 73m a year..to house the homelessness..wtf? thats more than developing/refurbing a building with hundreds of mini rooms..**** desh1tsio and his administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City