Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2018, 10:32 AM

33 posts, read 43,723 times

Advertisements

I had a disability preference, but I read somewhere that someone with a log number of 18xx got a notice for an interview without preference
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 09:22 PM

15 posts, read 44,030 times
Hi all, got selected for an interview today. My number is in the high 3000s. I am in the 70-80k bracket and a 1 member family. I have a question. How are bonuses accounted for when determining income? I have accumulated a lot of vacation over the past 2 years and My boss agreed to pay me $5000 instead of having them roll over. Coincidentally this put my annual income above the limit by about $1000. My pay stubs clearly show my annual base salary which is within the bracket. I’m still gonna go for the interview (all they can say is no) but wondering if I will be disqualified.

Thanks for any help on this matter.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:34 AM

6,693 posts, read 6,050,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxheadroom88 View Post
Hi all, got selected for an interview today. My number is in the high 3000s. I am in the 70-80k bracket and a 1 member family. I have a question. How are bonuses accounted for when determining income? I have accumulated a lot of vacation over the past 2 years and My boss agreed to pay me $5000 instead of having them roll over. Coincidentally this put my annual income above the limit by about $1000. My pay stubs clearly show my annual base salary which is within the bracket. I’m still gonna go for the interview (all they can say is no) but wondering if I will be disqualified.

Thanks for any help on this matter.
They seem to be moving pretty quickly. I would go on the interview anyway! But let me warn you: They'll ask you to write a bit of an essay and provide an explanation for each deposit that you have made and that shows up on your bank statements. I had to explain a $65 cash deposit 'till kingdom came!

I'm 15,xxx for this lottery! I'll let you know what happens

Old 01-24-2018, 08:57 AM

994 posts, read 1,058,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
They seem to be moving pretty quickly. I would go on the interview anyway! But let me warn you: They'll ask you to write a bit of an essay and provide an explanation for each deposit that you have made and that shows up on your bank statements. I had to explain a $65 cash deposit 'till kingdom came!

I'm 15,xxx for this lottery! I'll let you know what happens
So I'll be right after you with my log of 87,xxx

Old 01-24-2018, 09:39 AM

8 posts, read 6,725 times
I just got called in for an interview as well (log # 49xx). Sadly I think we make too much money, but I am self-employed so things are always fluctuating. Anyone know how they calculate self-employment? I know they do it based on the last 3 years.

EDIT: Also, are they doing this based off adjusted gross income or taxable income?

Old 01-24-2018, 09:47 AM

994 posts, read 1,058,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos89 View Post
I just got called in for an interview as well (log # 49xx). Sadly I think we make too much money, but I am self-employed so things are always fluctuating. Anyone know how they calculate self-employment? I know they do it based on the last 3 years.

EDIT: Also, are they doing this based off adjusted gross income or taxable income?
Self employment is net

Old 01-24-2018, 10:21 AM

8 posts, read 6,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Self employment is net
Yes, sorry, I knew that. I'm married though, so our income is combined on our taxes. Wondering if they are using AGI on the tax return or taxable income.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:12 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,247,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos89 View Post
Yes, sorry, I knew that. I'm married though, so our income is combined on our taxes. Wondering if they are using AGI on the tax return or taxable income.
They try to guess-estimate your income. They were way off with mine when they did that and disqualified me.

Old 01-25-2018, 05:35 PM

5 posts, read 5,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
They try to guess-estimate your income. They were way off with mine when they did that and disqualified me.
Hey sorry if somebody already answered this but, do they only do this if an applicant is self-employed?

Old 01-25-2018, 06:09 PM

6,693 posts, read 6,050,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennanhuff View Post
Hey sorry if somebody already answered this but, do they only do this if an applicant is self-employed?
Or if they find something fishy with your file.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery