Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 06:15 PM

954 posts, read 940,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Nope. Never said that. You read exactly what I said. Now you want to insert what you want. People usually drive around in Teslas when they want to impress, or when they have money, or both, and it's usually not their primary car. It's the weekend car. If you really had money to squander, would think you wouldn't still be living in the ghetto, but to each its own. *LOL* Teslas and the hood don't go hand-in-hand.

You are living in the hood and you're driving a Tesla. You don't see the irony in that? *LOL* And for rent at $900, likely receiving housing in the projects. These days can't think of any place that is market rate rent at $900, even in ENY.
Besides the occasional racist post here and there, this is quite possibly the most ignorant thing I've read from someone on this forum. Talk about a real know it all. So now you know what's in everyone's bank account? I hate to burst your bubble, but there are people making more than you (160k+) who live in ENY for a variety of reasons. I've known a few.

Just stop posting now, your making yourself look foolish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 06:20 PM

25 posts, read 24,265 times
I never said I was living a luxurious lifestyle, only that I drive a Tesla. And you're being very presumptuous about what I or anyone else "living in the ghetto," as you put it ,could afford. Which
is basically the point of the whole post. You have a lot of hard working people, who make good money and either stay in the neighborhoods they grew up in or either moved to the hood based on availability and affordibilty. So if they choose to spend their money on cars or whatever else they want , that's their decision. You may think it's crazy, but that's your opinion, there are probably people
who think you're crazy, but I'm sure that doesn't bother you. You just don't pay them any mind. Just
like I don't care about how anyone feels about how I spend my money.

And since no one here likes Tesla's I'm looking to upgrade. Any suggestions? What about a Bentley?

Last edited by Banks1346; 08-13-2017 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 08-13-2017, 06:27 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,589,580 times
It's called "hood rich" and living beyond your mean.

Meanwhile, you go to an actual rich neighborhood and wont be surprised to see an actual rich person drive a Prius or Camry.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:29 PM

6,693 posts, read 6,047,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
It's called "hood rich" and living beyond your mean.

Meanwhile, you go to an actual rich neighborhood and wont be surprised to see an actual rich person drive a Prius or Camry.
You know....I'm growing tired of all this "hood people" talk, when I personally know of some so-called rich people who live beyond their means as well. They have great careers, but still spend more than they make. It's not only "hood people." Just saying.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:42 PM

25 posts, read 24,265 times
You're assuming someone's living above their means because of where they live. But you have
no clue about anyone's financial situation. And you also have people who have huge houses in nice neighborhoods and they can't afford their mortgage payments. So maybe that's why they're all driving Camrys

Old 08-13-2017, 06:51 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,311,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
Besides the occasional racist post here and there, this is quite possibly the most ignorant thing I've read from someone on this forum. Talk about a real know it all. So now you know what's in everyone's bank account? I hate to burst your bubble, but there are people making more than you (160k+) who live in ENY for a variety of reasons. I've known a few.

Just stop posting now, your making yourself look foolish.
*LOL* Right... All of those people are making over $160k and living in ENY. That's why the median income for a household there is barely over 30k a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks1346 View Post
You're assuming someone's living above their means because of where they live. But you have
no clue about anyone's financial situation. And you also have people who have huge houses in nice neighborhoods and they can't afford their mortgage payments. So maybe that's why they're all driving Camrys
You're right I don't, but *do* know that having a rent controlled apartment at $900 is almost unheard of these days. Am thinking a lot of other people could likely afford a monthly payment on a Tesla if their rent was that low. Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
You know....I'm growing tired of all this "hood people" talk, when I personally know of some so-called rich people who live beyond their means as well. They have great careers, but still spend more than they make. It's not only "hood people." Just saying.
No you aren't. If you were, you wouldn't keep asking how Ocean Hill is because of the cheap rents. *LOL*

Old 08-13-2017, 08:08 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,325,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
Some of them might work for the city, or even better yet, on Wall Street. Who would have thunk?
Lol. Or maybe they're comedians too.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Yes, they do squander it because it's their money. It's their right to spend in on whatever they please. Most Americans think anyone living in metro NY is squandering their money on real estate. But if that's what they like it's their right.
Actually it is our money. ENY runs in the red.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks1346 View Post
I never said I was living a luxurious lifestyle, only that I drive a Tesla. And you're being very presumptuous about what I or anyone else "living in the ghetto," as you put it ,could afford. Which
is basically the point of the whole post. You have a lot of hard working people, who make good money and either stay in the neighborhoods they grew up in or either moved to the hood based on availability and affordibilty. So if they choose to spend their money on cars or whatever else they want , that's their decision. You may think it's crazy, but that's your opinion, there are probably people
who think you're crazy, but I'm sure that doesn't bother you. You just don't pay them any mind. Just
like I don't care about how anyone feels about how I spend my money.

And since no one here likes Tesla's I'm looking to upgrade. Any suggestions? What about a Bentley?
I've seen a Bentley parked outside the Howard projects. It must have been Mr Howard himself. But probably just the run-of-the-mill drug dealer.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:18 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,311,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I've seen a Bentley parked outside the Howard projects. It must have been Mr Howard himself. But probably just the run-of-the-mill drug dealer.
*LOL* People really think we're stupid. Have been around the block a few times and know a thing or two about how the games work. Am still trying to understand how one lives in a rent controlled apartment @ $900 a month, but can afford a Tesla. That apartment should go to someone who is truly in need. Nonsense like this is why those who can't afford market rate rents are being pushed out. Severe abuse of the system. Another reason am not in agreement which such programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City