Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 08:15 PM

1,264 posts, read 2,439,363 times

Advertisements

So I'm in Astoria at the hotel with my car now, but checking out tomorrow and staying with somebody way up in the Upper East side (West 120s).
Saturday I'm going to be in Hell's Kitchen and wanted to leave in the afternoon or evening.

So I wasn't sure where it makes most sense to safely park my car on the street.
I could do it in the Upper East side (SOUTH of 96th Street), but maybe it'd be more convenient if I can find a spot near Hell's Kitchen...this way when I am done Saturday I don't have to schlep across town to get my car.

Just wondering what makes sense?
How hard is it to find a spot Friday afternoon/evening in Hell's Kitchen area vs Carnegie Hill area that would be safe to leave overnight Friday until Saturday afternoon or evening?

I'll be in Lower Manhattan tomorrow morning (taking the Subway) and can pick up my car back in Astoria anytime before 5 PM, so also wasn't sure what time it makes sense to do pick up the car Friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 10:04 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudlander View Post
staying with somebody way up in the Upper East side (West 120s).
Thats not the upper east side. That's West Harlem

Old 10-12-2017, 11:15 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
There is no alternate side tomorrow, which with either help you or hurt you.

Your car will be fine and eventually you'll find a spot if it's not too late at night. Good luck.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:29 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
That is a lot of moving around, why did you rent a car in first place if going to be leaving it parked for much of your stay? Or are you saying it was rented to drive into NYC?

Either way you still are moving about a lot and in extreme distant directions from where you want to park.

First of all as stated "West 125th" is not Spanish/East Harlem. Carnegie Hill technically only is south of 96th from Fifth Avenue to Lexington. You'll probably find parking on Park or Fifth Avenue up there by Friday late afternoon or evening. Just check signs to make sure there aren't any restrictions such as a no standing zone or meters (which must be fed on Saturdays).

Hell's Kitchen can be a difficult place to park as there are many restrictions because of commercial zones, theatre, meters, etc... Again you are still traveling all over the place if you park in HC, then go up town to your friend's place and so forth.

If you are indeed talking about going to *East* 125 Street, parking below 96th is relatively safe. I'd leave my vehicle there than in Hell's Kitchen for two or three days, but that is just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: