Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 05:55 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,751,519 times

Advertisements

Summary of debate. We’re all doomed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 08:47 PM

I guess no one cares.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:49 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I guess no one cares.
I do but everyone is going to vote for deblasio who does not the vision or will to run this city.

Also, as long chinese money keeps flowing, the rent is going to keep increasing.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:52 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
It's hard to care in this climate, especially for local NYC politics. First of all NYC politics is all about what you gain from your vote. When you gain nothing from any votes, who cares. Rents will increase for non-scrubs, public transportation will just get worse, and etc etc etc. why bother voting when really it's just about a system that is all about favors? I'd say mess it up from the inside OUT. that's how you bring about change.

sadly, 95% of people who vote in this city...

well

Old 11-01-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I do but everyone is going to vote for deblasio who does not the vision or will to run this city.

Also, as long chinese money keeps flowing, the rent is going to keep increasing.
That’s why we need a tax on foreigners who buy condos in the city for pure investment reasons. This was talked about during the debates, but no one cares.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:56 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
quote:
That’s why we need a tax on foreigners who buy condos in the city for pure investment reasons. This was talked about during the debates, but no one cares.

No one cares because if you were up up to snuff about it, you would realize it's still less than like .01% of tax revenue anyway. Taxes are bled from the middle class, especially the lower middle class. which is SICK. I agree that people who buy properties should pay more in taxes, especially if they don't reside here, but seriously you are looking at less than .01%. The problem with public policy is that idiots tend to get into that field and bigger idiots vote.

Old 11-02-2017, 03:25 AM

499 posts, read 793,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Now they all want to tow double parked delivery trucks. I agree. Or slap a $500 ticket on them even if a dude is sitting inside.
Delivery trucks and business vehicles should have dedicated parking and should be given more precedence than passenger cars. Perhaps the city should try to minimize their travel during rush hour however.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:47 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,576,183 times
The way how I look at it, those each individual candidate education background means a lot to me. So, De Blasio seems to be the most credible one. Also, if you look at each what each candidate talks about, De Blasio appears to be knowing exactly what he is talking about. Not so much with the two candidate. Only when one is thoroughly knowledgeable then he or she would be able to talk fluently without any hesitation. Bo only has like high school education background, I am very highly in doubt of his capacity as a Mayor if he is elected.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:29 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,576,183 times
Add something to it, De Blasio seems to be the only calm person to be in charge during the debate. The other two candidates, they seems to be nervous and not even sure what they are talking about. When Nicole mention about statistic report provide by NYPD, she simply imply that the stat provided by NYPD is falsified, and I don't think anyone who works for the city would want to be accuse that they are lying or providing false stat.

As many of you might be disappointed with De Blasio, including myself, I simply can't trust Bo or Nicole to be the Mayor. First, they are not calm. Second, they have trust issue. Third, educations background.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:04 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Add something to it, De Blasio seems to be the only calm person to be in charge during the debate. The other two candidates, they seems to be nervous and not even sure what they are talking about. When Nicole mention about statistic report provide by NYPD, she simply imply that the stat provided by NYPD is falsified, and I don't think anyone who works for the city would want to be accuse that they are lying or providing false stat.

As many of you might be disappointed with De Blasio, including myself, I simply can't trust Bo or Nicole to be the Mayor. First, they are not calm. Second, they have trust issue. Third, educations background.
De Blasio is calm because he's a liar and has been for the last four years. He's banking on people like you to vote him again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: