Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2018, 02:08 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizOnly1 View Post
Never heard of him.

I generally don't listen to anybody about Black issues. My positions come from caring about/understanding the history of this country, and being Black myself. It doesn't take a ton of thought leadership to get an understanding of racial issues in this country if you actually are Black.
Tariq Nasheed, Boyce Watkins, Antonio Moore, Dr. Umar Johnson. These men talk about how white supremacy is responsible for the way black America is today. They talk about to build black only businesses, marry black women, don't cheat on black women, improve the black community and so forth.

I myself, a man of color, a catholic and a descendent of white, and black immigrants, and a 1st generation American. I too had to understand the history of this nation, and to see where do I fit in this so called melting pot that is America. I don't fit, just another piece of cog, or just a piece of flavor in this giant salad bowl we call America. I see positives and negatives of history of this nation. America is still a great experiment, that experiment is still trying to work it self out. This nation is about 240 years old. Great strides have been made for its people. If we look at global history, certain ethnic groups have been treated like crap by their rulers for centuries. Case in point the Ottoman Empire which spanned from 14th century to the 20th century treated Kurds, Armenians and Arabs as 2nd class people. Or another example, the Jews who have been welcomed, and than treated like crap by Persians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Crusaders, Spain, Russia, Germany, Soviet Union, Cuba, Ethiopia and so forth, however this group was able to make strides and thrive. And also visiting countries where there is a large black minority, blacks in America have it far good compared to blacks in Latin America and the Caribbean. It really made me sad when I went to visit Dominican Republic while I was renting a car, black men who work at the shop, speaking both Spanish and Haitian French asking me for money, while I was in Guyana buying a soda, a black child wanted a soda, I was going buy it for him, and the Asian Indian lady chased the boy out the store yelling slurs. Being in Colombia and watching telenovela, no blacks or Native Indians are on the TV screen except for mulattos like myself.

One thing that I encourage black Americans to do, is to get a passport and travel the world. Also travel to Latin America and the Caribbean and see how your fellow people of color are treated in their own countries. Just recently a Rio De Janiero city council woman was about empowering blacks in Rio was killed, or assassinated. It was really sad how this woman was gunned down like that.

Overall, history is very important. History tells us the pass, the consequences, outcomes, and where we are going as a society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Wanting all that is one thing, actually supporting each other and doing the work to make it happen is an entirely different thing.

As for white male supremacy, most CEOs and politicians are white men. So I don't know how much it has declined. I am happy for MeToo, which needed to happen.
but those CEOs and politicians are not hiring white men, and to a certain degree not hiring black men either. Most of these jobs go to women. And if women become CEOS and politicians in large numbers, the jobs created and posted will also go to women as well. It is a loose, loose situation for straight men these days.

Old 04-13-2018, 02:24 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Tariq Nasheed, Boyce Watkins, Antonio Moore, Dr. Umar Johnson. These men talk about how white supremacy is responsible for the way black America is today. They talk about to build black only businesses, marry black women, don't cheat on black women, improve the black community and so forth.

I myself, a man of color, a catholic and a descendent of white, and black immigrants, and a 1st generation American. I too had to understand the history of this nation, and to see where do I fit in this so called melting pot that is America. I don't fit, just another piece of cog, or just a piece of flavor in this giant salad bowl we call America. I see positives and negatives of history of this nation. America is still a great experiment, that experiment is still trying to work it self out. This nation is about 240 years old. Great strides have been made for its people. If we look at global history, certain ethnic groups have been treated like crap by their rulers for centuries. Case in point the Ottoman Empire which spanned from 14th century to the 20th century treated Kurds, Armenians and Arabs as 2nd class people. Or another example, the Jews who have been welcomed, and than treated like crap by Persians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Crusaders, Spain, Russia, Germany, Soviet Union, Cuba, Ethiopia and so forth, however this group was able to make strides and thrive. And also visiting countries where there is a large black minority, blacks in America have it far good compared to blacks in Latin America and the Caribbean. It really made me sad when I went to visit Dominican Republic while I was renting a car, black men who work at the shop, speaking both Spanish and Haitian French asking me for money, while I was in Guyana buying a soda, a black child wanted a soda, I was going buy it for him, and the Asian Indian lady chased the boy out the store yelling slurs. Being in Colombia and watching telenovela, no blacks or Native Indians are on the TV screen except for mulattos like myself.

One thing that I encourage black Americans to do, is to get a passport and travel the world. Also travel to Latin America and the Caribbean and see how your fellow people of color are treated in their own countries. Just recently a Rio De Janiero city council woman was about empowering blacks in Rio was killed, or assassinated. It was really sad how this woman was gunned down like that.

Overall, history is very important. History tells us the pass, the consequences, outcomes, and where we are going as a society.
You just said something very important. You urged Black people to travel to other countries.

Look at Jews in NYC. When lots of Russian Jews were moving to NYC, Jewish organizations helped them find jobs, learn English, and if need be helped them get welfare. Do Black Americans or even established immigrants set up institutions to help newly arrived Blacks to NYC like this? Absolutely not.

Jewish organizations go out of their way to lobby for the interests of Jews worldwide. Do Blacks do this? No.

You do have some Black organizations like the NAACP, Historically Black Colleges, and churches. Yet they don't fundraise or offer these kinds of services.

Old 04-13-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
but those CEOs and politicians are not hiring white men, and to a certain degree not hiring black men either. Most of these jobs go to women. And if women become CEOS and politicians in large numbers, the jobs created and posted will also go to women as well. It is a loose, loose situation for straight men these days.
Proof of this, that major employers in jobs that matter (not speaking on retail) just want to hire women?

Old 04-13-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
You just said something very important. You urged Black people to travel to other countries.

Look at Jews in NYC. When lots of Russian Jews were moving to NYC, Jewish organizations helped them find jobs, learn English, and if need be helped them get welfare. Do Black Americans or even established immigrants set up institutions to help newly arrived Blacks to NYC like this? Absolutely not.

Jewish organizations go out of their way to lobby for the interests of Jews worldwide. Do Blacks do this? No.

You do have some Black organizations like the NAACP, Historically Black Colleges, and churches. Yet they don't fundraise or offer these kinds of services.
Historically, Americans British American whites or blacks and are protestant have been against any form of immigration. I know of a black man, huge democrat and Obama supporter who was angered by Obama for assisting immigrants. Allowing more immigrants takes away jobs from black people, or if not take away jobs, lower the salary of jobs. I do notice Jewish, Catholic, Greek Orthodox and Muslim organization assist with helping immigrants find their way in this new land they call America. However these are religious organizations, as for race based organizations? No. Not only that but their is a huge divide between black Americans, Afro Caribbean, Afro Latinos, Haitians, and Africans. Afro Caribbean, Afro Latinos like Dominicans, Haitians, Africans all do well here in the states, and at times their 1st gen offspring's too. Just recently at an Ivy League school named Cornell, a group of African American students want the school to accept more black Americans, and accept less immigrant blacks. I remember recently black folks cursing out an African and calling him a monkey. That African called the black Americans you N word. They wanted to kill him. A similar situation also happened to a Dominican. I tell black Americans, stop calling immigrant blacks racial slurs, because they wont mind dropping the N word against you in return, however you started it and provoked such discourse. Its best to ignore!

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 04-13-2018 at 02:47 PM..

Old 04-13-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Historically, Americans British American whites or blacks and are protestant have been against any form of immigration. I know of a black man, huge democrat and Obama supporter who was angered by Obama for assisting immigrants. Allowing more immigrants takes away jobs from black people, or if not take away jobs, lower the salary of jobs.
Yet Jews don't think that way. The more Jews in the nation, the more political and economic power.

So this is a massive failure right there.

Old 04-13-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Yet Jews don't think that way. The more Jews in the nation, the more political and economic power.

So this is a massive failure right there.
This is true. Jews will welcome, as well as hire anyone. They can have Gentiles working on Saturday, while they are at the Sabbath, and on Sunday Jews can work while Christians are at church. Jews do make up a huge proportion of boardroom members and directors. The big problem for the Jews is "Nepotism", which everyone on the outside has now observed.

With this said. Expect this thread to get shut down due to mentioning gods chosen people!

Old 04-14-2018, 08:11 AM

I'm thinking about doing and SJW parody comic. five characters. One is a beta male (preferably white guy), one is a feminist (preferably white female), one is a pro black (preferably female), one is a transgender, and the other is gay/lesbian. This might be too much.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:48 AM

672 posts, read 757,535 times
Quote:
I honestly think SJW are garbage and FOS. Yes, there are problems in the society that need to be addressed and there is injustice.

But social justice warriors are not about positive change. They are about peddling victimhood and getting more "persecuted" people on their side to push whatever nonsensical, anti capitalist BS.

Could NYC have better racial relations? Yes. However, being a "minority" does not give one special privileges. Like anyone else people of color have to pay bills, buy food, etc. and there's no way if you can't pay.

It's up to the individual to take care of himself/herself and find ways to provide for his/her family.
If you’re talking about the creation of privileged classes of protected victims, yes, this is detrimental to the left-wing cause. A kid born to working class parents in rural Ohio is in a terrible position these days, and many of my liberal brethren will happily tell him to go pound sand.

That said, the system we live in is skewed terribly to favor people who win the birth lottery. (Incidentally, winning the birth lottery includes being born in NYC with a built-in social network.) if you’re born working class in the interior of this country, you’re screwed, no matter your gender, race or whatever. This idea of moving up social classes with hard work and positive thinking is utter bunkum. As the Atlantic magazine wrote in a huge study it published a few years ago, the best choice you can make for future health and prosperity is to choose rich parents... or stable parents in elite coastal cities.

Statistically, you’re more likely to have won the birth lottery if you’re white, but it’s a condition neither sufficient nor necessary for your prosperity.

Liberals need to focus on redressing this disgraceful inequity by properly redistributing wealth and setting up robust public institutions, instead of fixating on guns and the fashionable vanities of self-appointed, Ivy League gatekeepers of virtue.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:50 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Quote:
I'm thinking about doing and SJW parody comic. five characters. One is a beta male (preferably white guy), one is a feminist (preferably white female), one is a pro black (preferably female), one is a transgender, and the other is gay/lesbian. This might be too much.
What is with you and this alt right MGTOW stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City