Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 09:44 PM

31 posts, read 55,726 times

Advertisements

I have been going through it with BG. I got a rejection letter that my income is over due to my employment verification form. A $2 raise, however my employer put the $2 raise because in 2019 nys is increasing their minimum wage by $2. I don’t think this is technically a raise and my employer thought it was considered a raise. I emailed the leasing manager but she doesn’t care of course. Next is HPD appeal. Any advice on how to get them to hold a unit? I contacted the borough president office but they will only contact the hpd commissioner. NO where in the handbook does it speak of nys minimum wage increases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 05:35 PM

100 posts, read 137,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilant0500 View Post
I have been going through it with BG. I got a rejection letter that my income is over due to my employment verification form. A $2 raise, however my employer put the $2 raise because in 2019 nys is increasing their minimum wage by $2. I don’t think this is technically a raise and my employer thought it was considered a raise. I emailed the leasing manager but she doesn’t care of course. Next is HPD appeal. Any advice on how to get them to hold a unit? I contacted the borough president office but they will only contact the hpd commissioner. NO where in the handbook does it speak of nys minimum wage increases.
Hi!
First what is BG? Are you currently getting the $2 or not? Does the form ask about if you will receive a raise? I'm not clear on why that $2 in the future was brought up. Who did you get the rejection letter from (HPD or the management company)? Your employer can not go based on what she/he assumes will happen in the future. That is not a raise and if you don't already get paid and extra $2 it should not have been listed. If your rejection letter is from your interview they are suppose to list on the letter how you can file an appeal. That time frame is usually 10 days from the date of that letter. Obtain another verification form and have your employer fill it out (If they haven't kept a copy in your file). Your employer needs to write that the previous copy was made in error. I've done 2 appeals for 1 building and 1 for another and I am completely confused about some things you are referring to : HPD appeal? (I did my appeals with the management team that interviewed me) , why is the borough president and hpd commissioner going to be involved if you haven't exhausted all possibilities? We're not speaking about discrimination. As long as they were fair then everyone outside of them can't really help you. The leasing agent will not care cause they are not allowed to advise you as to what to do. So if you don't ask the right questions in the right way then you won't get the answers you want. What handbook are you talking about? (Don't answer that cause it doesn't matter.)
Your income:
What you earn RIGHT NOW equals what your income will be for the rest of the year.

Sheeesh this is long but point of the story is
Your employer messed up and you need to hold them accountable!
Everything else means nothing moving forward towards your goal.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:20 PM

186 posts, read 268,480 times
Quote:
Just keep this in mind you have 5 business days to submit a HPD appeal not 10 !!!
and you must state your case very clearly,
you must get a letter from work stating that was an error !
and send it all over to HPD overnight with signature
Good Luck !!!

Old 05-04-2019, 12:56 PM

65 posts, read 102,024 times
Yep - I was also rejected for being over by $300! I did put in an appeal. I kept saying - but the minimum wage has increased and is going to effect people's annual income. I even wrote minimum wage increase will effect my income on the form i filled out in the interview but no one is listening!! And they are calculating off old AMI - the new AMI came out - and now, even on my wage increase like yours of $2, - I am under instead of over - but I still don't know if they are going to take this information which is SO BASIC TO UNDERSTAND, into account as it seems too difficult for them!

Old 05-04-2019, 01:07 PM

65 posts, read 102,024 times
Quote:
Hey Lilant! Was your appeal successful?

Old 05-05-2019, 11:43 AM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Who the heck gets a two dollar raise? That’s very offensive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery