Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 01:49 PM

954 posts, read 939,046 times

Advertisements

I think these are Richard Meyer designed.

I love how the ventilation are units are showing on the last one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 04:12 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,080,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
So your whole point of joining this site and making your initial posting was simply to rag on a bunch of buildings in Brooklyn?

Incidentally answers your queries can easily be found online.

This forum continues to reach new lows. First it was endless real estate/low income housing; now people are coming to vent about "ugly" buildings.
People want sexy buildings to fornicate with..People want to be inside of sexy buildings..People want to exit sexy buildings...

Old 09-03-2018, 04:26 PM

5,117 posts, read 4,966,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Better than those "futuristic" glass buildings.

Nothing ugly about that building. It meshes well with the smaller homes next to it. It looks like a modern pre-war building.

comparable to "vegan leather" saying

Old 09-03-2018, 04:27 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,475,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Have you ever been in one of these. Most of them are truly pieces of **** construction wise. Cheap. Materials and poor workmanship.
These look like a classier version of Fedders Houses

I would personally rather live in a brick "tenement".

Old 09-03-2018, 04:30 PM

15,829 posts, read 14,469,933 times
They'll have modern electrical and plumbing. They'll be built to current fire codes. Given the height, they'll have elevators. Someone made an issue of the exposed HVAC units. That means they have split ductless ACs, which are a damn sight better than the window mounted potential meteorites used in older buildings.

These are not artistically designed building. This is utility housing. Given the dearth of information (a couple of outside pictures), assumptions have to be made. But I'll stand by my statement. Give all else being equal, I'd rather be in one of these, than a walk up pre-war tenement in a normal state of repair for a standard grade NYC rental building.

If someone has any more info on these buildings (a rental/sale listing would be nice) please post it. It would be interesting to see what these look like on the inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Have you ever been in one of these. Most of them are truly pieces of **** construction wise. Cheap. Materials and poor workmanship.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:50 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,080,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
comparable to "vegan leather" saying
The building is a modern pre-war set in a modern art deco building a faux mad max and it's 100% green...

Old 09-03-2018, 06:28 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,323,293 times
It's not great, but better than the horrible vinyl-sided buildings you see all over the city

Old 09-03-2018, 06:41 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,475,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
It's not great, but better than the horrible vinyl-sided buildings you see all over the city
I actually don't mind those personally. I wonder if those tend to be made out of wood or brick.

What I hate are those featureless Fedders Houses, those are just straight up ugly

Old 09-04-2018, 03:22 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,240,149 times
Pretty terrible. They look so cheap. Those windows look so flimsy.

Old 09-04-2018, 03:27 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,240,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
So your whole point of joining this site and making your initial posting was simply to rag on a bunch of buildings in Brooklyn?

Incidentally answers your queries can easily be found online.

This forum continues to reach new lows. First it was endless real estate/low income housing; now people are coming to vent about "ugly" buildings.
Hey at least it's still better than a lot of the unnecessarily political and racist sh** that tends to dominate on here now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: