Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2019, 11:15 PM

83 posts, read 235,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by da310051 View Post
Same, got into vía 57 but only thing they had left was a studio. But applied for a one bedroom at waterline square, hopefully my lease is up when they start calling people.
hi was your log number high and did you have preference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergiejay View Post
1350 For a 2 bedroom for 2 people (1 being a child) is cutting it close for 60 % I think.
waay to close yes,and i once read they tend to assign 2bedrooms to a single mother with a male child as opposed to a parent w/ a child of the same gender

Last edited by Sabi1; 01-21-2019 at 10:57 AM..

Old 01-21-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
Do these units also have "poor doors"? I don't know if the respective regulatory agreements for these buildings were executed before the "poor door" loophole was closed.

Edit: Guess not! It says 24 hour doorman! And washer/dryer in unit! That's incredible! https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...entPdf/599.pdf
its possible as i read that those who own a condo has a seperate entrance..so yea there are multiple entrances per building based all all that i read.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:15 AM

81 posts, read 152,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabi1 View Post
hi was your log number high and did you have preference?
No preference but was under 3k for log number, with preference I think some people go as high as 30k and still get called.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:10 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Go for it kiddos. I wonder if they are going to stick all the poor together in the West 60th building?

Old 01-25-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da310051 View Post
No preference but was under 3k for log number, with preference I think some people go as high as 30k and still get called.
how long after application deadline did you get call with that low log number?

and also hows it looking for you now w/ waterline square given that you now have CB preference? is you log hi or low for this one?

reason im asking just trying my best to figure out how this lottery works.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Go for it kiddos. I wonder if they are going to stick all the poor together in the West 60th building?
I wouldn't call us poor..that's not nice but to your question they more than likely will...however i read on other websites that the apartments up for grabs are spread out between all three buildings...so who knows not sure if thats accurate

Old 01-25-2019, 10:54 AM

150 posts, read 252,981 times
Quote:
its possible as i read that those who own a condo has a seperate entrance..so yea there are multiple entrances per building based all all that i read.
these 3 buildings have condos, starting on floor 20, on top of the rentals. Since there are market rate rentals, the affordable apartments will likely be mixed with the market rate rentals on floors 1-19. There are separate entrances for the condos and the rentals.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDavis View Post
these 3 buildings have condos, starting on floor 20, on top of the rentals. Since there are market rate rentals, the affordable apartments will likely be mixed with the market rate rentals on floors 1-19. There are separate entrances for the condos and the rentals.
thank you this is very helpful...would be nice to be on any floor between 10 & 19..hahaha wishful thinking and hopeful i get picked...do you think the lottery apartments will look the same as the ones show on streeteasy or on the official website for water sq???

Old 01-26-2019, 06:57 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
I wouldn't call us poor..that's not nice but to your question they more than likely will...however i read on other websites that the apartments up for grabs are spread out between all three buildings...so who knows not sure if thats accurate

I was not being rude. I used "poor" in the sense of less rich, as in references to buildings with a so-called Poor Door, a special entrance to avoid mixing the haves with the have-nots (in THEIR eyes, not mine.)

Do not for one moment that those paying market rents will refer to those winning lottery apartments as anything other than poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery