Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 05:42 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
Protesters and Sharia Police are two completely different things. Thanks for trying though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 06:02 PM

1,034 posts, read 673,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Protesters and Sharia Police are two completely different things. Thanks for trying though.
I wasnt ... trying .....I am simply tired of all the never ending negative press is all.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:19 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
i need a safe space

Old 02-20-2019, 06:37 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Tidday Community Patrol...

Old 02-20-2019, 07:02 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
Good point. But they don’t try to mimic the NYPD. They also don’t get privileged exemptions to laws concerning emergency light packages and police scanners.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-20-2019, 07:54 PM

179 posts, read 109,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Maybe Muslims feel the need to protect themselves.Look at the lack of concern and absence of national coverage when Imam Maulana Alauddin Akonjee and his assistant Tharra Uddin were executed in broad daylight in Queens.

Look at the headline from the NY Times and try to imagine the title Imam being replaced by Priest,Rabbi or Minister.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/06/n...entencing.html

No discussion of motive --- no constant drumbeat of "a climate of hate". Compare the local and national reaction regarding these murders to the attention paid to Charleston Church or Pittsburgh Synagogue massacres.

It's disgusting really -- move along -- nothing to see -- two religious clerics publicly executed in a county celebrated constantly for it's diversity and the D.A.'s office can get away with not discussing motive.

Here's the key quote from the Times article.

“There’s no ostensible, obvious motive here, nor did I prove a motive at the trial,” Peter V. Lomp, the prosecutor who tried the case, said before Mr. Morel was sentenced in State Supreme Court in Queens.

“I had very strong evidence that he was guilty and I specifically attempted to divert the jury’s attention from the motive issue,” Mr. Lomp said. “I told them from the very beginning: ‘If you focus on motive, you probably won’t reach a verdict, because you’re not going to figure out why.’ Nor do I have to prove why.”

This statement is nothing less than a show of contempt for the Islamic community --- the press complicit in it as well --- what other religious group could have their leaders slaughtered in cold blood without evidence of an investigation into or discussion of motive.

Can you blame the Islamic community for attempting to organize to protect themselves?

Old 02-20-2019, 08:17 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McVinney View Post

Maybe Muslims feel the need to protect themselves.Look at the lack of concern and absence of national coverage when Imam Maulana Alauddin Akonjee and his assistant Tharra Uddin were executed in broad daylight in Queens.

Look at the headline from the NY Times and try to imagine the title Imam being replaced by Priest,Rabbi or Minister.

No discussion of motive --- no constant drumbeat of "a climate of hate". Compare the local and national reaction regarding these murders to the attention paid to Charleston Church or Pittsburgh Synagogue massacres.

It's disgusting really -- move along -- nothing to see -- two religious clerics publicly executed in a county celebrated constantly for it's diversity and the D.A.'s office can get away with not discussing motive.

“There’s no ostensible, obvious motive here, nor did I prove a motive at the trial,” Peter V. Lomp, the prosecutor who tried the case, said before Mr. Morel was sentenced in State Supreme Court in Queens.

“I had very strong evidence that he was guilty and I specifically attempted to divert the jury’s attention from the motive issue,” Mr. Lomp said. “I told them from the very beginning: ‘If you focus on motive, you probably won’t reach a verdict, because you’re not going to figure out why.’ Nor do I have to prove why.”

This statement is nothing less than a show of contempt for the Islamic community --- the press complicit in it as well --- what other religious group could have their leaders slaughtered in cold blood without evidence of an investigation into or discussion of motive.

Can you blame the Islamic community for attempting to organize to protect themselves?
It's called the POLICE not rouge vigilantes. Keep religion squads for places of worship not PUBLIC PLACES. As a Gay man, this frightens me and I will not relocate to NYC now.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:25 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
Quote:

yes. I can. I like secularism. Look what happened in syria when religion went wild. Don't forget 2 planes went into the towers. It needs to be kept in check like singapore. Imagine with bible thumpers with MAGA hats started organizing like this. THere's already problems with the hasidics.

BAttle of nahavand 642 CE

Basically wiped out the zohorastrians. All that was left was freddie mecury.

ANd yes. It would scare off the gay money and gay gentrification.

Remember what Adam Smith said in the wealth of nations - church and the crown.

Maybe they should change city self defense laws so you don't get arrested with pepper spray.

Unfortunately, many neo-communists like deblasio, AOC, and cuomo want to disarm people so they can put them in concentration camps like uyghers in Red china when they disagree with them.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:50 AM

65 posts, read 36,991 times
LMAO you guys are terrified of everything.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:11 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:

NYPD solved the case. The perp is facing trial. It's not like NYC and NYPD didn't bother to solve the case.

A year later, there is one question: why? - Queens Chronicle: Editions

"Brooklyn resident Oscar Morel was arrested and charged with first-degree murder after police found a gun with bullets matching the one used in the killings in his home — the defendant was originally questioned in connection with an unrelated hit-and-run in Brooklyn."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City