Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 05:29 PM

101 posts, read 96,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFlyKid View Post
When you wrote the appeal did you take elements and paragraphs from the HPD Marketing Handbook?
Yes, I can’t remember the specifics because this was about 2 years ago, but I know I referenced something about sporadic or temporary income from the handbook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 05:56 PM

40 posts, read 60,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGirl90 View Post
To be fair, my sister won an appeal several years ago. Her job is full time with a chance of overtime. She was denied originally due to overtimes hours. I am not sure as to what she said but she was granted an apartment even though she was waitlisted shortly after they called her back within two weeks. I think you just truly need to sell yourself and explain the overtime is not on an re-current schedule.
Is there a chance you can ask your sister and DM me? I’ll greatly appreciate it this opportunity means a lot to me.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:20 PM

48 posts, read 53,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFlyKid View Post
Is there a chance you can ask your sister and DM me? I’ll greatly appreciate it this opportunity means a lot to me.
She is not on this forum. I am sorry. I can ask her, I think she just simply stated it was sporadic.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:15 AM

48 posts, read 53,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGirl90 View Post
She is not on this forum. I am sorry. I can ask her, I think she just simply stated it was sporadic.
I did ask her. She said she only stated the OT was sporadic and then by the time they replied to her the income bracket had been updated. She was put on a waitlist for an apartment in which they then contacted her 3 weeks after. Goodluck!!

Old 06-15-2019, 06:50 AM

11 posts, read 14,660 times
I was rejected because of an income issue(1099s & w-2s freelance with different amounts every year). We appealed 2x and did wind up getting an amazing 2 bedroom apartment. By the way, our lottery # was 17, 800, so having a low number is not always a deciding factor...

Old 06-15-2019, 06:53 AM

494 posts, read 557,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violet black View Post
I was rejected because of an income issue(1099s & w-2s freelance with different amounts every year). We appealed 2x and did wind up getting an amazing 2 bedroom apartment. By the way, our lottery # was 17, 800, so having a low number is not always a deciding factor...

Hi Violet, What did your appeal say? Was your income over the AMI? Thanks!

Old 06-15-2019, 07:22 AM

11 posts, read 14,660 times
I am not sure if it was under or over(so hard to calculate when you have a few different forms of income) but I would recommend appealing under almost any circumstance, because to computations are very complicated and can change with a new look.

In fact I would also apply for any apartment in an income range, don't assume you are not eligible...

Old 07-17-2019, 10:55 AM

78 posts, read 72,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violet black View Post
I am not sure if it was under or over(so hard to calculate when you have a few different forms of income) but I would recommend appealing under almost any circumstance, because to computations are very complicated and can change with a new look.

In fact I would also apply for any apartment in an income range, don't assume you are not eligible...

I'm glad it all worked out for you. What development did you get int?

I am still in process with 1 particular development.

Originally, I had gotten rejected. They sent me an email (back in April) about the rejection because they said my income was below. I appealed immediately as they had my old job income on the application.

My appeal was granted within a few days and i was scheduled in for an in-person interview like 2 weeks later (May 10th).

You really have to have patience with these type of things as they do take very long. I cant wait to they finally approve me!!!

Old 11-14-2019, 08:19 AM

87 posts, read 80,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marriedwitchildren View Post
I'm glad it all worked out for you. What development did you get int?

I am still in process with 1 particular development.

Originally, I had gotten rejected. They sent me an email (back in April) about the rejection because they said my income was below. I appealed immediately as they had my old job income on the application.

My appeal was granted within a few days and i was scheduled in for an in-person interview like 2 weeks later (May 10th).

You really have to have patience with these type of things as they do take very long. I cant wait to they finally approve me!!!
Im im the same situation My income is higher and i originally got denied because
They had my old income on application...I appealed and just
Waiting they told me if they get to my log number I will Be called in
Log # 19-xxx I am so anxious:/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery